Traditional Way to Read with Marseille Decks?

greatdane

Thank you Conversus

Very nice of you to share those exercises. I am not giving up! I am reading the posts and trying to look at the deck in various ways. I'm sure something will come to me in readings. It's more trying to UNTHINK about how I read with an RWS deck. It's not that that's how I see the Marseille, it's just the only point of reference I've had thus far. But I am excited about my new Marseille journey! And I thank you and everyone for your thoughts and hope you keep adding more. I can use all the help I can get :).

Kingdubrock

Hi Greatdane,

The first Tarot deck I ever bought was the TDM published by Piatnik. This was in the late 80s. I never really "learned" how to use them because the various systems and apparent need for memorization was quite daunting. I instinctively just picked up whatever vibes I could, with a little help from the LWB. 3 card spreads usually. As life wore on, I pretty much forgot about tarot until I picked up Jodorwosky's book, the Way of Tarot. I highly recommend that book, for both Jodorowsky's inspiring explanations, but also for the traditional keywords, many, many spread ideas and so on. Its still a bit of a slog though as its a thick book. But it was Jodorowsky who reawakened my interest in tarot, so i have the jodo-camoin deck and I am gradually taking in that system.

*However* equally as profound an influence on me has been Enrique Enriquez. Im trying not to be a fanboy or slavish disciple, but he inspires me so, so much. If you have a chance, watch the documentary about him called Tarology (i downloaded it through iTunes).

There is an ebook that he wrote which you can get from Minds Eye View here:
http://www.mindseyeview.com

As well, there are a bunch of his "lessons" on here somewhere.

I wont elaborate on why I like him so much, other than to say he can really help to fast-track an intuitive reading of the cards, but you may want to consider looking into him.

The other resources mentioned are also great.

greatdane

Thank you Kingdubrock

I greatly appreciate your sharing your experience and your thoughts re the TdM. I will check out all you mentioned!