Simple yes or no spread

Dave's Angel

Ah, there's only 3 piles. My mistake!

So how would you go about reading the piles then? And what would you read if it came up either 3 aces or no aces? Presumably you wouldn't just take the yes or no with no further elaboration?

Stormwitch

Dave's Angel said:
Ah, there's only 3 piles. My mistake!

So how would you go about reading the piles then? And what would you read if it came up either 3 aces or no aces? Presumably you wouldn't just take the yes or no with no further elaboration?

This is a spread designed for a blunt yes or no with no further elaboration unless you choose:) Remember also that as you start laying out each pile of cards you stop when you turn up an ace otherwise you continue on to 13 cards. So if you turn out an ace in a pile after 5 cards only, you move onto the next pile.

No aces in a pile is an assured no, and thats when I look at each card on top of the pile which tends to give you an answer about why it is a no. Same when I get one ace only which means to me that something is highly improbable so to speak and the other two cards on the other piles will give an indication as to why. Sometimes you can get two aces for example and the card on the top of the pile that has no aces gives you more info.

For example the other day a guy came into my work and flirted hard out with me. Now I suspected he already had a lady in his life and so I used this spread. I ended up with 2 aces and the empress. That told me that yes he did and that the relationship was a committed one, long term and with children.

This spread is actually designed to be uncomplicated - sometimes once you have your yes or no, its better to throw another spread if you wish more detail, but I use it when I want a direct yes or no and don't want or need any further knowledge.

shotthebreeze

The crowned one said:
I think that is a neat variation of a traditional Three card yes/no...

All cards down: Definitely No
2 cards down: Probably No
2 cards upright: Probably Yes
All cards upright: Definitely Yes

I must say that this version is much easier for me. Quick results...:)

Zingara12

To Cut or Not to Cut...that is the question ;)

Again I wanted to know for these yes or no spreads, or the timeline spread you shared with us stormwitch...do you cut the deck and how many times?

Thanks for all you input, I have only been reading the cards for 1 1/2 yrs and both of these spreads, I think, are more direct and fun than most others...

Stormwitch

Zingara12 said:
Again I wanted to know for these yes or no spreads, or the timeline spread you shared with us stormwitch...do you cut the deck and how many times?

Thanks for all you input, I have only been reading the cards for 1 1/2 yrs and both of these spreads, I think, are more direct and fun than most others...

Actually for both of these spreads and indeed many I do, I never cut the deck ever. I simply concentrate on the question, phrasing it correctly and very simply and shuffle until I feel compelled to stop.

I admit I like very simple direct spreads. Sometimes I will simply ask my guides to drop 3 cards from the deck as I shuffle to give me any message they might think I need. That never fails either.