The Second Card in the Celtic Cross

starrystarrynight

Dolphin_Dreamer said:
Have you tried to do it that way? Look at your readings in retrospect
Actually, I do do it this way; however, intuition always overrides what any card "says". I don't necessarily ever go by keywords or "book meanings"--and yet, sometimes I do. :)

I was merely pointing out what I've read in more than one book about the Celtic Cross Prevailing Winds or Crossing card.

Nothing is absolute. At least, not in my world!

Aeon Sage

Here We Go Again

Well, after six months of research, I come back to this post to find out the answer: What is reverse for the side-ways second card of the Celtic Cross. which way is the top pointing in the spread for an up-right meaning.

I urge everyone to examine this mystery.

Dolphin_Dreamer

I read years ago in a book that the top of the card is the side pointing to the past position and the bottom is the side pointing to the future... thus: when the card is like this: ----, the left most is the top and the right most is the bottom.. but to save confusion I lay them all the same way and just stagger the 2nd card knowing that it is usually crossways.

sprite

when i lay out my cards of course i turn them off the deck the same way so when laying sideways if the top of the card is to the right it is right side up if the top is to the left it is reversed, thats how ive learned to differentiate. also i read the card as a crossing card to the 1st card, and depending on the card and position it will either help or hurt the situation at hand and leads into details of how.