Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
Personally, I don't talk about the art because I have NO IDEA how the new cards look or what the changes are. How could I comment things I haven't seen? I've read that just a few cards will be changed; for most of the cards the only change is in its resolution (but I haven't seen how they look now). I haven't seen the extra cards either. Maybe other people did? Have you? Re. extra cards: once I have a full 78 cards' deck I am not very interested in the extra cards as I will not use those anyway.The original deck, for me, seems of very good quality (images, print, etc). I anticipate that this one will be too.
I forgot about the extra cards. Sorry, but apparently they weren't a big deal. I have a bad habit of leaving everything in the deck anyway.

Diana
Top   #151
Citizen

Gulliver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefeet View Post
I think this is a thrilling Memento Mori allegory and suits the Prague theme very well.
Thank you very much for posting the image! The card is great, wonderful that it is from Prague and absolutely wonderful the meaning!

I'd like to see the backs so much, but patience.
Top   #152
Citizen

rylla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
From the Baba Studio Facebook page (my emphasis added):

There are two new extra cards in the large format deck.

ALL cards have been altered and worked on—in some cases you'll see obvious changes, in others it's been a matter of improving image resolution (it was lower back in the days...) and detail.

I think that they have been quite clear, but to be fair, lots of people don't use Facebook.
Yes, they have been clear, but do they show the extra cards? Or those with the improved resolution? (I expect that they would show them next week, when they put the deck up for pre-order on their website)
Top   #153
Citizen

Gulliver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
I think that they have been quite clear, but to be fair, lots of people don't use Facebook.
Thanks, Alta! I think the most of their customers are using FB, probably almost all. But some persons who are not grew up with it (some of the older generation) or such FB deniers (like me) don't. But I think for the future....maybe one should...at least I'm really thankful that you share the news.
Top   #154
Citizen

FLizarraga 

They are showing a LOT of cards in "before and after" fashion, but only on Facebook.
Top   #155
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

You'd think it was worth showing them on their website.
Top   #156
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 
Just for you-know-who ;)

"We'll finally be designing the Tarot of Prague silk satin scarf over the next week. It's our free piece to go with the Limited Edition deck and will be the first time we've put tarot cards on to a scarf design. I am hugely looking forward to seeing this become real.

Why the scarf? It's our way of adding value and uniqueness to the Limited Edition. Last time, with the Alice Tarot, we made a silk bag, and so this time we want to do something a little different. I feel that the scarf does add a LOT of value as it's so flexible. I'm hoping it will be worn or displayed at least sometimes.

People have asked if large fold-over bags (picture below of the Alice Tarot one) will be available also. I'm not sure - we may make a few to order, but I feel that with the wrapping scarf and box they won't be necessary. If you feel differently, please do comment and let us know."

I was going to try to find the extra cards really.

Diana
Top   #157
Citizen

rylla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
You'd think it was worth showing them on their website.
That would be nice...
(I have facebook but it's not the same as a web page. I just clicked on their facebook - info about this deck and pictures and their other products are all mixed. Which is normal for facebook; I just don't have the patience to spend time finding those info that interests me among other posts. But probably most people do).
Top   #158
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
That would be nice...
(I have facebook but it's not the same as a web page. I just clicked on their facebook - info about this deck and pictures and their other products are all mixed. Which is normal for facebook; I just don't have the patience to spend time finding those info that interests me among other posts. But probably most people do).
No, they don't. I felt the same. Perhaps if I were familiar with the deck I could tell. I couldn't tell what the one card was; they seemed to be working on the Two of Cups and maybe the Ace of Cups? I am not sure.

First they said they likely would not make bags for it, but maybe and then then couon is good for bags. I guess they have generic ones?

Diana
Top   #159
Citizen

Le Fanu 

I like surprises. Isn't that odd? But I suppose if people are worried about the price, they'd like to see every single card from every single angle. I have facebook but I never log on nowadays. I'm happy not to see the cards. I would also have been happy for it to be issued as it was - but artists' prerogative and all that. I can imagine that - as an artist - if you're going to reissue a deck, you'd like to tweak all those niggling things that bothered you after the 1st (and in this case 2nd) edition.
Top   #160

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.