Planet Series: The SUN & Mercury

huredriel

OK I got the speed, thanks to WhiteRaven .... 1.47 ... so I guess pretty slow? ...... still trying to work out the distance though ...... thinking Mercury may be 12 degrees ahead

Hmmm doesn't appear that anyone famous is on the graph for the speed :(

dadsnook2000

Contrare . . .

huredriel, contrary to what you said . . . Mercury is moving relatively fast, and Mercury 12 degrees ahead places you right in the midst of several famous people having similar characteristics: Marlon Brando, Johnny Carson, Martha Stewart. Marlon Brando's Mercury had a close opposition to Saturn while Johnny Carson's Mercury was conjunct Saturn. Martha Stewart on the other hand had no close Mercury-Saturn aspects but a closely aspected sextile to Neptune and inconjunct to the Moon.

Now, ask yourself, what common traits might you see between yourself and any of these people?

For me, George Bush and Martin Luther King seem to share a common trait with me -- we all have/had the ability to develop a strong vision or goal and then relentlessly pursue it, not letting distractions slow us down. Character traits in common -- none. Public presence on a large-scale stage -- not much for me, more small scale stages in my life.
Dave.

Crystelle

Sorry for holding things up...

But I can't seem to figure out where I am on the graph...
My Mercury is in the same sign as my sun -- Sagittarius
There seems to be a 2.29 degree seperation... that seems fast?

HMMM so that puts me around....?
I'm not sure, so I use the 2.29? Or did I need to divide that by something?
Thanks for the help Dave!

Crystelle

dadsnook2000

For Crystelle

That small amount of seperation puts you in the "combust" zone where Mercury is said by classical astrologers to be dominated or burnt up by the power of the Sun's rays. Position doesn't exactly correlate with speed although when Mercury is retrograde and close to the Sun's position it is often moving about 1 degree per day. When it is that close to the Sun's position and is in direct motion Mercury often moves at about 1 3/4 degrees per day.

Since your Mercury was direct at birth, it was moving fast, actually about 1 1/2 degrees per day. This puts you in with Placido Domingo the opera singer and Oprah Winfrey (the other Martha Stewart). So, start thinking, "What do you have in common with these people?" Dave

Crystelle

Lol

Dadsnook wrote: Placido Domingo the opera singer and Oprah Winfrey (the other Martha Stewart).

Well as far as Oprah is concerned I am very good at charity work and getting people to get involved for a cause. Of course I only pick causes that I agree with -- this uncomplicates things for me because I can be sincere. I also pursue what I think is right to the detriment to anything or anyone that attempts to be an obstacle! I can be a little snooty sometimes in what I believe I deserve because of the work I have done and the achievements I have garnered. People ALWAYS ask me for advice! {hehe and I don't know if I'll ever want to marry}

Placido Domingo? I'm not that sure. All I can think of is that I have always been told my musicians that I have a raw talent in communicating emotion through song. When I was 12 my grandmother told me that I had "the voice of a grown woman" (I was singing "If I loved You" from Carousel). Not sure that this is right... will do some research on this guy and perhaps edit the post...

Crystelle

wizzle

ahead or behind?

Just a real basic basic for those who are new. Planets in a chart travel counterclockwise.

Put your finger on the extreme left of the Chart where there is a horizontal line. That is your rising point. Now move your finger counterclockwise along the outside of the chart. Which planet do you reach first? If it is Mercury, then Mercury is "behind" the Sun. If it is the Sun, then Mercury is "ahead" of the Sun. In otherwords, the planet you reach last is "ahead."

I always find it much easier to understand if I have something to look at and can physically go through the process of seeing what is where. Virgo rising, you know!! What Dads suggested is that you can look at this process of the planets moving if you input data a couple of days apart. The easiest planet to watch move is the Moon, because it is so fast.

Hope this helps.

WhiteRaven

Michael Jackson

deleted.......wrong celeb.

Will edit when I figure out who I'm suppose to relate to.

wizzle

WR,

I don't think Dads meant you to be quite so literal and you look just fine as you are, so don't even think about a face lift. That's part of the problem when we compare with famous people.

But Michael has some more general qualities that would apply to his thinking function....

- innovative
- both very public and very private
- speaks rather poorly himself (his brothers are often his spokesmen)
- communicates in an outstanding way via his music and video

etc., etc.

BTW, I get VERY twisted around unless I have a chart to look at and I've been at this a long time. I just can't relate to lists too well. So don't feel bad if it's confusing.

WhiteRaven

wizzle said:
WR,

I don't think Dads meant you to be quite so literal and you look just fine as you are, so don't even think about a face lift. That's part of the problem when we compare with famous people.

But Michael has some more general qualities that would apply to his thinking function....

- innovative
- both very public and very private
- speaks rather poorly himself (his brothers are often his spokesmen)
- communicates in an outstanding way via his music and video

etc., etc.

hmm...I don't see where I'm really innovative....I am a very private person in general (you wouldn't be able to tell by some of my posts here in AT thought :p)

I communicate better in writing.....much better for that matter. But when needed, I will speak quite clearly and get my point across all by myself.

wizzle

Me versus Dadsnooks

I thought I'd compare me and Dads since we have nearly inverted situations.

- Dads' Mercury is ahead of his Sun by over 20 degrees
- My Mercury is behind my Sun by over 20 degrees

Quick keyword review before I start to discuss

- Sun - focus, consciousness, integration, being, action
- Mercury - logic, discrimination, circulation, attention, thinking

So in my case my Sun approaches situations first and Mercury trails quite a ways behind. This makes me appear more intuitive than logical because my Sun often figures things out and knows where it's going before Mercury can work out the details and communicate to others how I got to where I got. Because the Sun integrates where Mercury discriminates, I am more of a "big picture" person and can get terribly bored by details. I've often gotten myself into difficulties because I act before I've thought things through sufficiently. The Sun lends tremendous enthusiasm and movement, but what I want to do may not be realistic once the Mercury function comes into play. And, lastly, I'm dislexic when it comes to directions (left, right, clockwise, counterclockwise, etc.) so I have a tough time with technical stuff in astrology.

Now in Dads' case his Mercury leads and I've noticed that he is great at details and is excellent at technical aspects of astrology which drive me up a wall. You might want to compare the way we described the Sun and the Moon in other threads. I think our style of communication is quite different.