Where to get plain card stock?

Hooked on TdM

Hi all. My son has decided that since there are no snake decks, he's going to make one for himself. My first step is to find him some plain card stock paper for him to draw on. And... I don't have a clue where to look for this.. Anyone know or have some ideas?

Hooked

Lillie

Stationary shops sometimes do it.

Or art shops.

Or I ended up getting a load off ebay.

Hooked on TdM

Thanks Lillie. It gives me a few places to start! :)

Hooked

gregory

I just got a load at W H Smith.

Walmart have it, I think, certainly Grand and Toy would. Though I haven't seen a Grand and Toy in a long time, come to think.... but I can find them on line, so...

Hooked on TdM

Hehe never heard of those stores! Must be only where you are.. Walmart eh? I love them, they are usually cheap.. will look there too!

Hooked

gregory

Where in Ont are you ? There certainly WAS an WHSmith in the Eaton centre last year.... though I forget if they do stationery in Canada; they do here....

www.grandandtoy.com - it's an all Canadian company (AFAIK; it certainly used to be...); way to go !!!! There is a store locator on the site.

OK - how about Lewiscraft ?

EEK ! Just googled and they seem to have closed done in April. I am depressed now :(

You know - oddly enough - places like Dollarama that do scrapbooking supplies might well stock it, too.

Hooked on TdM

I'm in Thunder bay. The only craft store we have is Micheals.. not many choices here. It's a smaller city and it's in Northwestern Ontario.

Hooked

blackroseivy

There are blank decks, too. :) They have the "Tarotti" back, that blue tartan...

You can get those here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0913866229/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I'm doing a hand-painted deck in egg tempera over gold leaf on these cards, it will be called "I Tarocchi: The Deck" (as opposed to "The Exhibit" which is going to be a LARGE-scale study of the Tarot for a gallery space). I'm going to sell it as a OOAK deck. :)

Hooked on TdM

OMG those are PERFECT! Thanks! Matt loves them, so they are getting ordered!!!

Hooked

blackroseivy

I had a feeling you'd like that - great, & have fun!! :D