Queen of Pentacles ...anyone?

wavebreaker

HudsonGray said:
Following through with that thought, what do the Pages and Knights blend down into?
The Pages into the Fool?

Thirteen

tarotlady said:
The Pages into the Fool?

Oh, yeah. Absolutely I'd agree with that.

Pages = Fool

And you can see that those young pages are likely to be mothered by their Queens, as the Fool is mothered by the Empress.

But I do wonder...what if we peg them as "princesses" rather than pages, as Crowley does. Would that then make them an aspect of the High Priestess (her Virgin aspect?)? As princesses they'd be more retiring than the pages, like the HPS.

Interestingly that in the Zerner-Farber deck, the Pages ARE princesses and they are pictured carrying and reading letters, thus being minature HPS's with her scroll.

Knights/Princes....honestly, I'd peg them as aspects of the Magician. Knights are "Air" and verbal, like the Magician. They spread the kingdom's message.

HudsonGray

I was leaning towards the Magician also, but he's got things so in control & the Swords/Wands Knights are jumping in over their head sometimes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.

Alex

I see the Emperess as the mother earth

Gaia.

The Queen of Pentacles as an "earthy" woman, a woman with "earth sign" qualities.

That's how I see it.

When the Emperess shows up for someone in a reading, I think of the "mother principle". Not one's mother or wife, but the receptive, fertile and nurturing female energy. Eventually the mother principle gets "attached" to some object, like one's mother, but it goes well beyond that.

Alex.

LeahG

HudsonGray said:
I had the hardest time disassociating her from the Empress--all the books I had showed very little that was different between the two in their descriptions. This card had me stymied for a long time because of that. Finally I decided that the Empress had the broad range meanings, and the Queen had the more 'do this' aspect to it. They're still confusing though, being so alike.

Here Here - I see them as so similar - hard to separate - but read somewhere that the main difference is in the ability to actually create....hmmmmm can't remember

*off searching.....*

LeahG

Thirteen said:
Oh, yeah. Absolutely I'd agree with that.

Pages = Fool

But I do wonder...what if we peg them as "princesses" rather than pages, as Crowley does. Would that then make them an aspect of the High Priestess (her Virgin aspect?)? As princesses they'd be more retiring than the pages, like the HPS.

Hi Thirteen!

Ah for once I don't agree with you. I don't think that princess - as in the thoth tarot - become more retiring than pages. The princess of wands - she is dynamic, fiery - in fact to complicate this dicussion further, I think she is almost in line with the Knight of Wands as per the Rider waite - she has energy and confidence without the maturity of the Queen or King, so it can be misdirected at times....

LeahG

Major Tom said:
For me, the Queen of Pentacles is more about the immediate physical environment and the Empress is about growth and creativity.

The Queen of Pentacles would walk into your house and say, "It would be so much more comfortable in here if you got a few more cushions and a couple of houseplants."

The Empress would walk in and say, "If you finished and sold that novel you've been working on you could design and build a house that would suit you perfectly."

Does that make sense?

Ah yes thank you Major tom - that does make sense!! Analogies - thats what really helps me relate to the cards.

Scorpion

HudsonGray said:
What do the Pages and Knights blend down into?
Good question, HudsonGray!

I see the pages as aspects of the Fool and the Knights as the Chariot.

Unfortunately can't expand on these themes as food calls but hope to return to the topic shortly!

goddessof1967

Bossy QofP - gives a man a fish, and says 'If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself'......nag nag nag

Passive Empress teaches a man to fish to feed himself for the rest of his life. She also says 'thanks for doing that, what a perfect job' no matter how crappy it is.

Rosanne

Well as others have said The Empress is an archetype of Mother and the Queens to a lesser degree have archetypal energy. So the Queen has a title Queen of the Thrones of Earth (Empress is the Earth). She sits on the line between zodiac signs so she is a lot Capricorn and a little Saggitarius. The Empress has a whole planet, the Queens have signs.
So she is Practical, Patient, Prudent, Precocious..... all the P's and with a little fire she is probably a pyrotechic. She keeps her Pounds in pyx and is sometimes parsimonious. I imagine her as probably Pagan and was Papa's little darling as a Princess. She is the Pastoral Queen. I imagine also she could throw the perfect pitch in Baseball and a sales seminar.
As a lesson in mnemonics she is practically pefect :joke: ~Rosanne

Attachments

8.1 KB · Views: 237