Masquerade in Venice

greatdane

Would someone please make this deck? I want old style, but lush. Looks like it was made at least a 150 years ago or more, with maybe a thin matte gold border. Dark, mysterious, emerald greens, purples, something with a slightly dark side, but also slightly playful. Jewels, feathers, lush gowns, great masks, like a richly detailed painting. Images clearly showing what the card stands for. Definitely 78 cards.

rylla

There is a 78 cards Carnevale deck issued in Asia somewhere. It doesn't look old (but someone like seven stars could make it look so) and I'm not sure how clearly the images show what the cards stand for (mostly they do) - but otherwise it seems to me pretty close to everything else you are asking for.
Sorry I don't have more info about the deck and it is VERY hard to find one.

Chronata

Along with the Carnevale, there was also the Maschera, which was a Majors Only.

I once had all of the decks mentioned here.

I am still working on the TotMM. Maybe someday there will be 78

gregory

There is a 78 cards Carnevale deck issued in Asia somewhere. It doesn't look old (but someone like seven stars could make it look so) and I'm not sure how clearly the images show what the cards stand for (mostly they do) - but otherwise it seems to me pretty close to everything else you are asking for.
Sorry I don't have more info about the deck and it is VERY hard to find one.

That would be Yu Fang's Carnevale Tarot (2006). He also did the Maschera. It is stunning, and not cheap. Baby_dream (she's here; PM her) may be able to find you one.

I also have the Folchi, which is lovely.

greatdane

Rylla and gregory are probably the closest

but I am looking for pix. I thank everyone else for their suggestions, but seen the others and nope, not the style I'm talking about. Not just Venice, or Masquerade. I want lush, like something created long ago and stuck in a chest and is very rich looking, mysterious. The decks I've seen are lovely for what they are, just not what I'm looking for. And I'm sure since I was just having trouble finding Yu Fang's work, nothing I can afford. Which is why this thread was started. I want someone to MAKE it :).

MoonGypsy

I am still working on the TotMM. Maybe someday there will be 78

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, dear Robyn...i am unashamedly on my knees begging...[oh gawdess, it used to be a whole lot easier to get back up]:p

gregory

Images of Yu Fang's deck. I can't say it "looks old" but who cares !

Attachments

• carnevale1.jpg
    carnevale1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 130
  • carnevale2.jpg
    carnevale2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
  • carnevale4.jpg
    carnevale4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 104

greatdane

lol gregory you crack me up!

I get what you mean. It's a very unique deck, I see why it's expensive. I see what looks like a modern photo in the background, so yeah, while stunning, LOVE the costumes!, isn't my old deck that I want someone to make new. I SO appreciate you adding the pix. Obviously this is a really limited edition deck because sure not lots out there re pix all over that I found. I'm glad it isn't what I'm looking for because I'm sure I couldn't afford it. But yep, it IS STUNNING...and lush.