Magician/Three of Swords/Seven of Swords

MissCW

I have just recently started doing a journal to help with my interpretations of the cards and test my accuracy.

I have just asked - what are the main influences on my day going to be?

I have drawn: Magician, Three of Swords, Seven of Swords!!

This combination doesn't look too good, does it?

It looks like someone is going to try and get one over on me today, what do you think? I think I should stay in ....

Kibeth

Go, you ^_^
Tarot journals are great to keep track of your tarot study's progress. Because every card has multiple meanings, it's a really good idea to record them so you may backtrack to them afterwards. Good luck!

As for the cards you just laid out, yes ... the swords don't look too good. Pointy and all that. eek!
The clever magician lays out his bag of tricks to reveal that which we first took to be good, but really, isn't. Seven of Swords features a rather nasty sneak who tries gathering advantages for his own ends, but the Magician helpfully shows him up. The Three of Swords usually pertain to a heartbreak for me, though it could mean something else for you.

Magician = Revelation
Magician + Seven of Swords = Reveal hidden deception/s
Three of Swords = Heartbreak

So ... A heartbreak revealed?

MissCW

Hi Kibeth,

Thanks for the reply. The Magician situation has happened today and it was totally different from what I expected.

It actually represented someone (the Magician) who wanted to resolve an issue/upset between us (three of swords) - and instead of addressing the real issue, they went completely the wrong way about it, glossed over it, tried to butter me up and made me even more angry! (seven of swords).

He wasn’t as clever as he thought on this occasion lol.

I just said in another post (because I have had the Seven of Swords a lot lately) this is a view I never saw in this card (although it is nearly the exact interpretation in the Gilded Tarot book which is the deck I use) I have always just seen the "thief" interpretation. In this case, deceipt wasn't the motivation, it was just the best (or should I say easiest!!) way out of a bad situation.

It has shown me one thing – I have a heck of a lot to learn!!

Kibeth

No problem at all. I have a heck lot to learn too, and reading for someone online is always tricky for me, but I try. ^_^

The Magician sounds a bit like me. My friends broke up with each other and for near a year I've been walking back and forth in between them, trying to get some convincing done, generally overblowing favourable truths. It sounds wrong, but I swear I'm wholly desperate to get them back together so we could chat together. Just like the old times. Alas! =/ (that's me...)

I've the Gilded deck too, so I do indeed know this picture. Maybe this "thief" is trying to sneak away any animosity (the 5 Swords) you two might feel towards each other, since in Tarot, less swords = better. Usually. Or he could be hoping both of you will forget some of the hatred/etc etc.

eeh ... XD

Fallen Angel

Dont you just love the Guilded ;)

I got the magician in a love spread I did for my boyfriend, immediately both of us knew it was me...haha...the messenger between earthly world and the spiritual realm. But the image on the card also brings onto mind juggling of everything, thats me too :)

Anyways, its cool that your daily journal kinda paid off in the end, I really should make a concerted effort to keep mine up. Recently Im reading for everyone but me..hmmm...what am I running away from?..haha, nothing like ingnoring a problem till it goes away !!

You have inspired me to keep up the practice ;) thanks.

FA.x.