astrology and tarot merger

isthmus nekoi

catti said:
of course !
do you want me to post here? or in the Your Readings forum...in a way i'd prefer here since what i need feedback on is my astrological interpretations..

I think it will do fine here :) Looking fwd to seeing how it goes!

Minderwiz

Yes, here would be great - saves having to keep an eye on more than one forum LOL.

lunalafey

Minderwiz said:
I'm like you, lunalafey, I know in principle that the two approaches can be combined in one reading but I've never really managed to do it.

Well I think I figured out a way to intigrate a month to month outlook as well as areas (houses) of life for the year into one Astrological spread, using the same 12 cards~

it works like this-
first you must know what the rising sign on the person that the reading is for.....and what sign the sun is currently in....
prepare your cards-
the positions are 1-12...starting 1st/hs ARIES---
OK- let's say.....we are doing a reading for Miss T...she's a Leo rising and today's date is Oct 31....
the Sun is in Scorpio- so you start putting cards down at the Scorpio position-#8....work your way around.....
Starting with position #9....this is the coming month for Miss T, starting on the day when the Sun moves into Saggitarius...follow along month by month, by the signs (not calandar months).
So now there is a play by play of each months influences......
NOW- for the year as a whole....focusing an the 'areas' in life, the parts of life designated by the houses--
since Miss T is a Leo rising.....we go to the card in position #5, this card expresses the influences upon Miss T and things related to the 1st house...for the whole year......follow that around......

I think that there can be an added feature to this spread that uses 2 card combinations, one from the "month" and one from the "house"......but the specifics there, I will have to play around a bit....for it was one of those quick flashes- of Hey-Hmm!?

I'd would be into having a small group to test this spread- it would take a year to get through it- But I am really interested in seeing (knowing all to well, the cards never lie) how well the combining of aspects works out in this spread. Things such as planetary positions and the like can also be looked into, for something in the spread may parallel something in the natal....
It would be a good one to do for New Year spread group like we had last year.

Minderwiz

Sounds interesting and certainly worth a trial to see how well it works.

Conniejfoster

timing and ascendant

I have never used the ascendant method of timing. I find most of my clients don't know the time they were born or they only know "about" what time they were born. that is one reason I like the Tarot. You don't really have to know it.

what I do is look at the chart and when talking about something that has just happened I use the sun sign in which it happened. Then I move around the houses assigning each additional house as the corresponding sign. that means the resolution to an event's timing can change depending on which house the event occurred.

An example reading would be one I did recently.
The client's spread showed in the 4th house a major change in her home, but her not moving. It turned out their home was lost in the tornado in Mayflower, Arkansas, April 27.
I then used the 4th house as Taurus, the 5th house as Gemini, etc. Her 8th house showed problems getting money from insurance and government, probably from paperwork issues. Since those issues were showed in the 8th house, I could tell her it would be resolved during the sign of Virgo. I find it is easier to use this method, because I can find something that has happened in the current sign or the one before and it is more reliable than their rising sign. Sometimes there is more than one issue that has recently happened. In that case I have to look at the appropriate house that relates to the issue. In the case of the tornado destroying her home, the insurance and government resolution was directly related to the destruction of her home.

Another example was her car had been destroyed and she needed a replacement so she could go back to work. The car and other personal items being lost showed up in the second house. That would put the second house as Taurus also. The resolution would be the same house so the issue would be resolved before Taurus ended. (May 20)

Note that I was able to tell her all of that before I knew she lost everything in the tornado. She waited until I had told her those things before she told me about being in the tornado.