Can you "invest" in a Zodiac Sign to increase its dominance in your personality?

Darth MI

Can you "invest" in a Zodiac Sign to increase its dominance in your personality?

I remember I saw a theory in which Zodiac Signs are like an RPG game. Sure you're born with a natal chart that states its say Gemini dominant and so on. But this theory states with much hard effort, its possible to put in more "points" in a certain sign to become more like that sign. It gets even deeper. You can "invest" more points within a certain sign and attach it to a planet to become alter your personality traits associated with the sign. Say you have a Cappy Venus, you can invest in Leo and assign those Leo points into Venus to delve away from being a Capricorn in love to being a Leo in love.

I even seen people state you can alter your personality by investing into a certain sign to the point you completely are no longer your natal chart at all 0%.

What do you think of this theory? I like this system because it advocates freewill in astrology!

triplewaterastro

I think people have a set natal promise after they are born. Whether they use it, and to what end, is part of free will. A person could try to deny their natal placements somehow, but it's definitely going against the flow!

I have found that when I know my strengths via my chart and use the natal promise, current conditions (progressions), and activators (current transits), I have the greatest success and satisfaction in life. Rather than trying to be a Venus in Leo when you have a Capricorn Venus, how can you use the natal Venus to your advantage? Perhaps finding what you want in your relationships when your progressed Moon is in Taurus or Virgo (trine natal Venus) or paying attention to when progressed Venus enters Pisces would be a good start.

Larxene

You may be able to modify parts of your character by force of will or by occult means. However, firstly it is in fact difficult to do. It would mean having to change your physical and mental habits, and having to maintain that every day. Even then, it is almost impossible to modify the deep-seated characteristics.

Secondly, you may in fact be denying the divine providence given to you. The way it goes in astrology is that, every individual life is created for a purpose, and the native goes through life fulfilling that purpose. If you try to change too much of your character, it may hinder you from fulfilling that goal.

Think about your natural strengths; the things that you can do well, and the things that you do not do well in. These things give you a hint about what you should be doing in life. However, that is not all. Think about what drives you. In my experience, there is a certain drive in me that makes me seek similar things over and over. Even though I have a weak Lot of Spirit, that strong drive is often there.

For example, the things I am good at is studying and learning. I rarely study at home and do my homework only at the last minute, but I was always in the top 20s. This shows in my natal chart through my dominant Saturn-Mercury combination.

However, I have little motivation to study most things. At first, my main interest was in studying the structure of things (studying=>Mercury, structure=>Saturn). That is why, at age six, I dreamt of building my own remote-controlled vehicle which I can use for transporting small objects (because I am a lazy person, another Saturn emphasis).

After awhile, my perennial passion emerged. Still at six years old, I started reading youth detective novels. From then on, the thing that motivates me the most is reading and watching crime, and the reading and doing of occult things. The main emphasis here is hidden matters. My main purpose is probably in fact to investigate hidden matters, very befitting for someone like me who is Saturn-dominated.

Note that the philosophies surrounding astrology is not always about living events that are already determined. My current stand on this is that the events forecasted by astrology is probability-based. In other words, certain events are forecasted because they have the highest probability of occuring in a given nativity, due ot our firm habits, deep-seated character, natural talents and weaknesses (but sometimes things are just imposed on us).

Besides that, we also have to live out our own destiny. That is, if my purpose is to study hidden matters, I can't just sit at the couch and do nothing, and yet expect to become an expert astrologer. I need to go through the motions of studying astrology, practicing it, conversing with others, modifying my practice, etc.