Hidden Enemies/ False Friends Spread

airseabattle

Thought of this spread after I kept getting many indicators of a false friend (not just through tarot). May also be useful as a clarifier when a person comes up as an obstacle in another reading and you're not quite sure who it represents.

xxx8xxx
xxx1xxx 1) Who is the hidden enemy?
x2xxx3x 2) Why are they an enemy/ what threat do they pose?
4xxxxx5 3) When?
xxx6xxx 4) What are they doing?
xxx7xxx 5) Why are they doing it?
6) What is the best way to deal with them/ the problem they present?
7) What is the outcome, if you stay on the current path
8) What is the outcome, if you follow the advice given on card 6?

I'm considering adding a card to represent the querent, maybe how the enemy views the querent. Feedback?

firecatpickles

What a wonderfully paranoiac spread! I love it })

airseabattle

Yeah, it is. Paranoia is never a good thing, which is why I'd only suggest this spreads use in use which you are already certain someone is- this is to pinpoint who it is and why they're doing it. Like you definitely know someone is spreading lies about you, and you think it's one of your friends or coworkers or such.

firecatpickles

Just kidding. It really is a good spread.

I love this saying: "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not right!"

Mazzle

This is particularly good. Really clarified an issue (the what and why). Only snag is got Tower for "when" so have tiptoed quietly away from the cards..

airseabattle

I knew the whole when card thing would be really difficult to pull off, since timing is so difficult to determine in tarot. I mostly just wanted it to be some indicator if it was done in the past and is just now having an effect, or if this person is still doing it.
Another thing to mention about this spread is I think the pairing of court cards is important is this spread. For example, I drew Page of Wands for the first position and Page of cups for the second. To me, this represents this person views me as a rather serious rival, maybe a romantic one.
Only problem I really got is while this really helped me make since of their motivations, it didn't help quite so much on pinpointing who it is. From the motivations and the feel of the cards I drew I think I can narrow it down to a few people- I believe it someone who feels threatened by me as being a potential romantic rival. But it doesn't narrow it down quite enough for my tastes. So maybe a position that will give a sign of who they are in order.

etherealchild

This seems like a really worthwhile spread to try. Over the past several months I have had a handful of readings with cards indicating a hidden enemy/false friend, but I haven't really investigated further.

I think a card to represent the querent or how the enemy views the querant would help offer insight into identifying not only the enemy, but also qualities and behaviors of the querent that shape this dynamic/situation.

Do let us know when you try it out!