RW deck without numbers or words

gregory

I could VERY MUCH live without Jesus on the Lovers.

The cards you showed earlier were much more WS than a lot of these. I have to say I liked the ones you posted earlier better. The new ones are nice - but nowhere near as WS.

reall

UPDATE: let me know what you think. My feelings won't be hurt.

I can post more if you want to see.

http://imgur.com/56RiSlr

WoW! Beautiful and interesting deck! :)) but bottichelli religious/church art is not something I like to see in my cards?!x,x so I would change that lady with child and jesus like gregory say!^^ lolz ;))

Edit; also HP-one pillar had to be darker and other lighter colored!:)) standard is black n white!^^:))

FLizarraga

The cards you showed earlier were much more WS than a lot of these. I have to say I liked the ones you posted earlier better. The new ones are nice - but nowhere near as WS.

Yes, I do like the less "adventurous" ones better, too. Of course it's not my deck, but the first cards posted gave me the impression that this was going to be a distressed/aged/tarnished/discolored/recolored version of the RWS, and that the main changes would be colors and textures, not the actual images.

That said, I like some of the new ones, and even some things about the ones I don't like. I definitely don't like Jesus in the Lovers, and the upper and lower halves of the Chariot just don't mesh at all.

One problem I see is that some of the art collaged into the cards and all the photographic faces are just too tridimensional to be there. Smith's art is quite flat, and intentionally so (I don't know much about her, but I have a feeling she was influenced by Chinese and Japanese art), and uses color sparingly and in the same 'flat' way, so those tridimensional faces and figures and those snatches of perspective (like in the Chariot) really clash. Perhaps they would need some 'flattening.'

The Two of Cups is an example where the new heads work well; they look as if they were taken from medals or coins, and they definitely mesh. The Page of Pentacles seems to work, too, as well as St. Anne (is it St. Anne? I know it is Leonardo) in the 9 of Pentacles, although both faces are slightly out of proportion with their bodies.

rylla

I have the same impression. Plus it looks like a mixture of RWS cards with some other deck. Sorry-just my view. Great work nevertheless!

rylla

One problem I see is that some of the art collaged into the cards and all the photographic faces are just too tridimensional to be there. Smith's art is quite flat, and intentionally so (I don't know much about her, but I have a feeling she was influenced by Chinese and Japanese art), and uses color sparingly and in the same 'flat' way, so those tridimensional faces and figures and those snatches of perspective (like in the Chariot) really clash. Perhaps they would need some 'flattening.'

The cards look great, they might just need some finishing. I noticed too what you said about the faces. I did a very rudimental flattening of one face just to see if it would fit better with the rest of the image, just to see the difference. Is something like this you meant? (of course I am just enthusiastic about this deck I don't want to impose my point of view, I was just curious and played around to see how 'flattening' would change the impression)(the coloration is wrong - not really skin-like, and kind of awkward, just wanted to see how this faces can be flattened and the effect they would give)

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 150

rylla

While the Empress is a beautiful card, we are all used to RWS images (if it's an RWS clone) and this card jumps out of the deck - like it does not belong there. Just because one is used to see there the well known Empress. There are some additions to the original cards - those are great!!!

FLizarraga

The cards look great, they might just need some finishing. I noticed too what you said about the faces. I did a very rudimental flattening of one face just to see if it would fit better with the rest of the image, just to see the difference. Is something like this you meant? (of course I am just enthusiastic about this deck I don't want to impose my point of view, I was just curious and played around to see how 'flattening' would change the impression)(the coloration is wrong - not really skin-like, and kind of awkward, just wanted to see how this faces can be flattened and the effect they would give)

It's hard to see with the coloring and the watermark, but they definitely seem to blend in a little better.

@ santasser: By the way, I'm taking the time to give an honest, respectful opinion about the cards because I think you're extremely talented and skilled, and I'd like to see this deck become a reality. I don't have time for snark.