Need Help Using Tarot Guidance

SuitofSwords

So I'm at a turning point in my life, a lot of things are going on and I just need the tarots guidance but I'm not sure how to ask the questions. My situation is this; I'm a junior in college and my dream is to become a professional actor. This is all I can do, I'm not made for being a science teacher or being a news anchor. This is my place, it's where I belong. Anyway, more than anything I've wanted to go and live in London for years. And for a while I was getting discouraged until the universe started sending me signs about trying acting school in London. I know it's crazy and it's a long shot but I'm going to try. I feel like I'm finally heading in the right direction for once in my life, but there's so many decisions and schools and money and etc. etc. My biggest concerns are finding what schools to apply to, and of course money/scholarships. Gosh, this is starting to get all over the place and it's probably confusing you. I guess what I'm trying to get is advice on how to form questions for this particular subject, or just how to use the cards to guide me through this process. Any advice is appreciated.

Grizabella

Just keep it simple and write down your specific questions. Then draw three cards for each.

You also might look into schools here in the US. It's extremely expensive to live in London. You could do an either/or spread with positions named US and London and draw three cards on each. Or even better, draw on schools you should consider, naming each specifically.

Apollonia

So I'm at a turning point in my life, a lot of things are going on and I just need the tarots guidance but I'm not sure how to ask the questions. My situation is this; I'm a junior in college and my dream is to become a professional actor. This is all I can do, I'm not made for being a science teacher or being a news anchor. This is my place, it's where I belong. Anyway, more than anything I've wanted to go and live in London for years. And for a while I was getting discouraged until the universe started sending me signs about trying acting school in London. I know it's crazy and it's a long shot but I'm going to try. I feel like I'm finally heading in the right direction for once in my life, but there's so many decisions and schools and money and etc. etc. My biggest concerns are finding what schools to apply to, and of course money/scholarships. Gosh, this is starting to get all over the place and it's probably confusing you. I guess what I'm trying to get is advice on how to form questions for this particular subject, or just how to use the cards to guide me through this process. Any advice is appreciated.
Sometimes I like to use a horseshoe spread with the following positions:
1) What I want
2) What I need
3) What I already have
4) What I need to let go of
5) My best next step
6) Which person in my life can best help me with this
7) What inner strength can I use to help me with this

Also, when I'm not sure where to start, I sometime just ask the cards, "What should I ask about?" and let them tell me where to start.

Grizabella

Also, when I'm not sure where to start, I sometime just ask the cards, "What should I ask about?" and let them tell me where to start.

This is a very good idea! I didn't even think of that. Good going, Appolonia! :D

RiverRunsDeep

Sounds like an exciting crossroads for you! While I completely understand the need to use the tarot as extra guidance, I am sure you know that pivotal decisions like these are best guided by good old fashioned research and by networking with people who can help you get where you want to go. :)

With that said, whenever life presents me with a major decision, I like to make a list of pros and cons. For each question (where to live, where to find scholarships, etc.) maybe you could select 10 tarot cards; 5 would represent the pros, and 5 would represent the cons. Not sure if this addresses what you are asking for, but I find that asking for pros and cons helps me to realize what it is I truly want.

I am a firm believer in following passions and dreams, so I wish you the best in your endeavors, SuitofSwords. :livelong:

SuitofSwords

Sounds like an exciting crossroads for you! While I completely understand the need to use the tarot as extra guidance, I am sure you know that pivotal decisions like these are best guided by good old fashioned research and by networking with people who can help you get where you want to go. :)

With that said, whenever life presents me with a major decision, I like to make a list of pros and cons. For each question (where to live, where to find scholarships, etc.) maybe you could select 10 tarot cards; 5 would represent the pros, and 5 would represent the cons. Not sure if this addresses what you are asking for, but I find that asking for pros and cons helps me to realize what it is I truly want.

I am a firm believer in following passions and dreams, so I wish you the best in your endeavors, SuitofSwords. :livelong:

Oh for sure! I've got my mother and theater director helping me out. Shewas the one who ever suggested going to London. My dream has always been to go to London, every since I was a teenager and I first went there. I just felt like this was where I was meant to be, it was the strangest feeling. I've traveled all over the world, to all kinds of places but I've never been to a place where I've felt like that and I knew that I was being told something. But then, my dream started to die and out of the blue one of my friends mentions graduate school for acting in London. It was like a sign from God and I knew this is what was going to happen. Thank you!

SuitofSwords

Just keep it simple and write down your specific questions. Then draw three cards for each.

You also might look into schools here in the US. It's extremely expensive to live in London. You could do an either/or spread with positions named US and London and draw three cards on each. Or even better, draw on schools you should consider, naming each specifically.

Thank you! As for looking for schools in the US that will be a LAST resort. I wish I could name you the special events, emotions, and symbols that have lead me to this decision but I know I'm going to end up in London one way or another, and graduate school is most likely going to be it. So it'll either be the universe or my mom lol! That's actually along the lines of what I was thinking! A smaller spread since I'm still kind of new but has more than one card. Thanks again!

SuitofSwords

Sometimes I like to use a horseshoe spread with the following positions:
1) What I want
2) What I need
3) What I already have
4) What I need to let go of
5) My best next step
6) Which person in my life can best help me with this
7) What inner strength can I use to help me with this

This sounds like a fun spread that I could do! But it's so big I wonder if I'm ready for something that size. I still want to try it though LOL! Maybe I can do this at the beginning, oh and asking the cards what to ask about. Revolutionary! I'm not being sarcastic, I didn't think you could ask the cards that lol!

CrystalSeas

Instead of trying to find the perfect question about the future, why not focus on what you need to do next?

Sometimes, in the rush of sorting out nebulous options, we forget to do the basic, concrete step.

So try a small spread that says 'what should I focus on accomplishing today in order to reach my best future?'

It might help center you and keep you moving forward instead of going in circles trying to unwind all the yarn tangles in your head.