What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

zhadee

Magician & Knight of Swords: Today, I received a letter which was ripped open. The money inside was stolen, the letter was put in a plastic bag with the note: "Regrettably, the item was damaged and has therefore been provided with a plastic cover."
So the thief had a hunch (Magician) and a knife ready... and enough of ill humour to put the envelope into that plastic wrapper. =P

QueenLove

High priestess- someone lying about his education/ pretending to be a PhD to impress a woman.

Enlightenment23

I've had the knight of pentacles come up no a lot for me to in recent reading, even in a career reading which I'm so happy I didn't tell the person they got the job because turns out they decided not to move forward with them. So I certainly see it as not moving forward strongly now.

Yep. The Knight of Pentacles is mostly no in my experience, but also, I've seen it as "this person will take so long to get back to you, you'll give up on them by the time they respond." It's either you're going to wait forever or nothing will transpire.

Interesting for the career though. I might have interpreted it as a yes for the possibility of getting a job. But then again, I usually see the Ace of Pentacles or 8 of Pentacles for that. And even the Tower. :)

Enlightenment23

The 10 of Cups is one of those cards that annoy me. It's never happiness and joy. I've usually pulled it for either an unrealistic happily ever after fantasy that won't come true, or an end to a happy situation. The glory days are over, time to move on. I would love to become an optimist about that card but nah.

Exactly it's weird isn't it. Such a happy looking card. The 10 of Cups is about "happily ever after," but the problem with that is fairytale endings don't exist. It's usually a message that someone is frolicking around in lala land.

crystalrose

Exactly it's weird isn't it. Such a happy looking card. The 10 of Cups is about "happily ever after," but the problem with that is fairytale endings don't exist. It's usually a message that someone is frolicking around in lala land.

Yea exactly! For actual lasting happiness, I usually pull either the Sun or the 4 of Wands. I've pulled the 4 of wands to mean two people who get along great no matter how much time passes between seeing each other.

mercuryempress

10 of cups for me is usually a short term "high" of happiness

Marsy

Yep. The Knight of Pentacles is mostly no in my experience, but also, I've seen it as "this person will take so long to get back to you, you'll give up on them by the time they respond." It's either you're going to wait forever or nothing will transpire.

Interesting for the career though. I might have interpreted it as a yes for the possibility of getting a job. But then again, I usually see the Ace of Pentacles or 8 of Pentacles for that. And even the Tower. :)

Yes 8 of Pents has always been my job offer card, so if I don't see it in the spread I hold off on giving a firm yes.

Ace of Pents has usually been contact made like scheduling the interview/receiving a e-mail or phone call that they're interested and would like to go to the next step in the selection process. Basically the beginning stages of the process but doesn't guarantee you'll be the one chosen in the end. So I say that they have a good shot at the opportunity.

Marsy

Yea exactly! For actual lasting happiness, I usually pull either the Sun or the 4 of Wands. I've pulled the 4 of wands to mean two people who get along great no matter how much time passes between seeing each other.

Yep I agree, although the 10 of cups have always been positive for me I don't consider the happiness longterm unless the 4 of Wands and the Sun is there as well. The Sun generally indicates wanting to start a family and the 4 of Wands is the relationship having a strong foundation.

The 10 of cups just shows that the desire for the happily ever after is there but doesn't mean it will actually manifest.

Pique Dame

Yes 8 of Pents has always been my job offer card, so if I don't see it in the spread I hold off on giving a firm yes..
This is interesting because I received 9 of Pents Rx once as an outcome card to a job interview. Took it as a no, but I'm reading this post at my desk in the office of the very job I was asking about. Maybe the reversal was like an arrow pointing backwards to the 8 of Pents.

Marsy

This is interesting because I received 9 of Pents Rx once as an outcome card to a job interview. Took it as a no, but I'm reading this post at my desk in the office of the very job I was asking about. Maybe the reversal was like an arrow pointing backwards to the 8 of Pents.

I don't read reversals but that's a possible take on it.