The Tarot Reference Table

rwcarter

Hi Barleywine. From what I've gathered about your approach to tarot, I think you'd really appreciate Louis' most recent book.
And there you have it. Cross-posted with different opinions. :)

Barleywine

You probably know most if not all of the advanced stuff in his book, which I'm almost finished reading. If I was forced to give up one of them, it would be the Advanced book.

I'll take that as good advice, then. I mainly use books for reference when I feel like I've arrived at a stale impression of a particular card and want to shake up my thinking a bit. Crowley is almost always where I go first, but sometimes a reading demands a less rarified inspiration.

Astraea

And there you have it. Cross-posted with different opinions. :)
LOL! Isn't that the way of things! I like both of Louis' books, and want to be clear that I don't find either of them *better* than the other - though given Barleywine's interest in astrology, Louis' most recent book might be of special interest. Still, one never knows! I've gifted friends with books that resonate to the nth degree with me, but not to the recipients. :)

Nemia

Most of my tarot library is on my Kindle - since I read mostly while on public transport, that's most practical. But I wish I could have them as hard copies, too - I keep my tarot decks and books all together and would like to have a big table there, too.

Babalon Jones

Ditto, except I don't feel guilty about the ones I haven't read. (Which is probably at least 75% of them. But I have almost 700 tarot books.... :D)

Oh, and on a day-to-day basis, I still find Anthony Louis' Tarot Plain & Simple to be my go-to book when I get stuck on a card or am looking for a new perspective on it.

Rodney

700 tarot books! :bugeyed:
I thought I had a lot...have not counted them but they take up a lot of space. nowhere near 700 though! Lets see, if you bought one book a week it would take almost 14 years to accumulate that many :p

Barleywine

I thought I had a lot...have not counted them but they take up a lot of space. nowhere near 700 though! Lets see, if you bought one book a week it would take almost 14 years to accumulate that many :p

I have around 250 "esoteric" books, most of which are astrology books, followed by tarot, qabalah, ceremonial magic, geomancy and pathworking in that order. I have a few on my very basic Kindle, but I don't use it much since I like paper books for reference purposes. My really large collection is old science fiction and fantasy paperbacks from the 1960s (probably 400-to-500), which has just been relegated to plastic bins in the attic.

rwcarter

736 between tarot and oracle books. They're all now listed at What books do we each have?

Accumulated in a much shorter period, believe me. My metaphysical stuff (tarot, oracles, Astrology, and miscellaneous) has it's own room.... :rolleyes:

Rodney