Third Eye

SuitofSwords

Just wondering if anyone else has these "symptoms" when they first started working with tarot. I find that I get tired, and sometimes get a bit of pressure in the front of my forehead when I'm practicing with my cards. Anyone else? Oh and does anybody have suggestions or exercises to use to help open their third eye more?

Grizabella

I've never had that sensation myself. I think a new person sometimes experiences odd physical sensations when first learning because they may have heard several myths about Tarot---for instance that they attract spirits or nobody can touch their deck and many, many others. Tarot is a wonderful practice and there's nothing that's going to happen with the cards unless you're solidly invested in it to the point where you take as gospel some of the myths if you choose to or if you want to involve yourself with chakras and things like that. When I was first learning I often felt extremely tuckered out and tired because I'm the sort of person who figures whatever is worth doing is certainly worth overdoing, too. :) The old "if a little is good, more is better" mindset.

I don't know about my third eye. It might seem strange to you that I don't, but I'm one of those Tarot readers who was just kinda thought strange for "knowing things" (if you know what I mean), in the first place and started out with Tarot and then branched out a little into Oracles. I keep it fairly simple and that helps me a lot.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good answers from others here because there are lots who understand the chakras and how to work with them.

Welcome to AT, by the way. :)

Farzon

Actually, no, no symptoms in the physical sense. But since I read the Tarot, my intuition gets better, even to the point that I can see the card I will draw in a reading. It happens only on rare occasions but then it's always a hit and no miss. I guess working with the cards alone does stimulate your third eye to a certain degree.

If you are patient enough, try a meditation to open your chakras. You concentrate on the first chakra, focus your breath and after a while you continue to the next and so on.

And of course, yoga is always a good idea to open your chakras.

Maybe post this question on the spirituality board, so we don't go off topic too much...

Esk

When I begun reading tarot I was quickly tired and could even have some headaches. It was not situated specifically on the front of my forehead, so I never associated this with chakra and third eye. I know nothing about these topics so I can't help you there but I know reading tarot can sometimes be very exhausting and sort of drain your energy (metaphorically speaking). Reading tarot is an exercice for the brain so it's normal to me that it gets tired more or less easily depending on the person. But the more you practise the less you'll have headaches and big tiredness :)
And I agree with Farzon, tarot can help you to develop your intuition. It's the only tool or divination method that has made me have some kind of "visions".

JoJoCat

When I first started reading tarot again this year (after a break of 15-20 years) I got tired easily and sometimes got headaches too. I don't know much about third eye or chakras. So I'll share what helped me-- grounding before reading. And then giving thanks after the reading, to whomever feels appropriate.

I thank the deck(s), my ancestor helping spirits, the earth (including non-human helping spirits), and the universe -- and I realize my thankings are a lot but I do it bc they keep me humble by reminding me that I am only the vessel. I think any kind of gratitude will help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enlightenment23

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't get any headaches, but MAN do I get tired and exhausted when I do tarot.

It's so weird how I am so energized to get a reading started, and the next few minutes, I just want to curl up into a fetal position and fall fast asleep. It's why I can only do a few readings at the time when I visit the Reading Exchanges.

Padma

I've seen this discussed many times here at AT, the exhaustion that can come with reading, especially reading for the public. I have certainly experienced exhaustion after reading for others. But I think that is because a lot of personal energy is invested in reading, and so often, sitters are feeling weak in some way, and "borrow" energy. Some simply think that sending all one's energy to the soul star (above your head) and third eye chakras releases a lot of physical energy, as it is all being directed and focused to one area.

Some things that you can do are: eat a small snack before or during reading (food is very grounding); drink a lot of water during reading; do a grounding ritual before and after reading; keep your feet firmly planted on the ground while reading, so you can draw energy up that way; use grounding crystals (such as black tourmaline or agate or carnelian etc) on the table, near and around you, while you read; choose your most energetic time of day to do your readings; occasionally get up and walk around a bit during a reading.

If you feel too tired or develop a headache, take a picture of your spread, and tackle it later, when you feel better and re-energized. ;)

I hope any of these suggestions help, SuitofSwords, and welcome to AT :love:

Beancrew49

I can tell you what's helped me strengthen my connection with my higher self and open my third eye. I stopped eating meat and went vegan, which restricts the amount of low vibration energy I put into my body. I stopped intaking sodium fluoride, which was calcifying my pineal gland, rendering it useless. I started sungazing, which is the practice of staring into the rising or setting sun. Do research before attempting this practice. Work with crystals. There are many crystals which will actively open your third eye. A little research will put you on the right track. But of course, the biggest and most impactful practice that has opened my third eye is regimented meditation. Nothing will open you up to the higher self like meditation, and doing it regularly everyday will guide you on the path you are looking to walk. I hope this helps.

SuitofSwords

I've never had that sensation myself. I think a new person sometimes experiences odd physical sensations when first learning because they may have heard several myths about Tarot---for instance that they attract spirits or nobody can touch their deck and many, many others. Tarot is a wonderful practice and there's nothing that's going to happen with the cards unless you're solidly invested in it to the point where you take as gospel some of the myths if you choose to or if you want to involve yourself with chakras and things like that. When I was first learning I often felt extremely tuckered out and tired because I'm the sort of person who figures whatever is worth doing is certainly worth overdoing, too. :) The old "if a little is good, more is better" mindset.

I don't know about my third eye. It might seem strange to you that I don't, but I'm one of those Tarot readers who was just kinda thought strange for "knowing things" (if you know what I mean), in the first place and started out with Tarot and then branched out a little into Oracles. I keep it fairly simple and that helps me a lot.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good answers from others here because there are lots who understand the chakras and how to work with them.

Welcome to AT, by the way. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I've never heard anyone getting headaches or getting tired which is why I was wondering if it had anything to do with the tarot or was it just my body telling me it's tired. Who knows! Thanks!

SuitofSwords

When I first started reading tarot again this year (after a break of 15-20 years) I got tired easily and sometimes got headaches too. I don't know much about third eye or chakras. So I'll share what helped me-- grounding before reading. And then giving thanks after the reading, to whomever feels appropriate.

I thank the deck(s), my ancestor helping spirits, the earth (including non-human helping spirits), and the universe -- and I realize my thankings are a lot but I do it bc they keep me humble by reminding me that I am only the vessel. I think any kind of gratitude will help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I never thought about doing that!