The same cards keep popping out

Leila_selda

Hey all,

I dont know if this is the right category for my question.

When im doing a reading the same cards are popping out. Even if i ask different questions still the same cards popping out. Sometimes they pop out in a different order but still the same cards. And it is 5 or 6 cards. What does this mean? Do i need to buy a new deck? Or do i need to cleanse my deck and if so how do i do that ?
I love to hear if you guys have experienced this too.

Greetingz Leila

Grizabella

When cards pop out, it's often that you've got a new deck or you're new to shuffling. If you're getting clumps popping out, the deck may not be slippery enough so some cards just come out in multiples from being close together. My suggestion is to deal the cards out into four piles, then pick up the piles and go from there. That way you know the cards are all randomized well and not just sticking together.

Also, I've never cleansed a deck. I don't feel it's necessary. They're just cards and they're my tools. I don't see any need for cleansing.

Also, for that clumping problem, if it continues maybe some fanning powder would help. That lets them slip around easily.

RiverRunsDeep

Hmmm, I interpreted your post a little differently than Grizabella did. Now I'm wondering, what do you mean by cards "popping out?" If it is a new deck or you are new to shuffling and the same cards keep falling out of the deck, I would tend to agree with Griz....it could simply be a clumsy shuffle, nonrandomized cards, or the cards are sticking together. However, if you keep getting the same "jumpers", or you keep drawing the same cards for different readings, I would interpret that differently. When that happens to me, I abandon whatever reading I was attempting to do and focus on the cards that keep appearing. IMO, they represent an important message, and what you most need to hear at the present time.

Leila_selda

Hi Grizabella,

Thank you for your reply.
It is not a new deck. I have this deck since i was 19 my dad gave me this deck. And ive been reading and learning the tarot for almost 2 years now. This never happened to me before. Thats why i found this strange.because even when im doing a reading for other people still the same cards. But i will try to do your tips. Ps i think you are a very incrideble tarot reader and adviser on this forum. I read a lot of your comments and they've always helped me to give me more insight about a certain tarot card. So i was very pleased to read your reply on my post :)
When cards pop out, it's often that you've got a new deck or you're new to shuffling. If you're getting clumps popping out, the deck may not be slippery enough so some cards just come out in multiples from being close together. My suggestion is to deal the cards out into four piles, then pick up the piles and go from there. That way you know the cards are all randomized well and not just sticking together.

Also, I've never cleansed a deck. I don't feel it's necessary. They're just cards and they're my tools. I don't see any need for cleansing.

Also, for that clumping problem, if it continues maybe some fanning powder would help. That lets them slip around easily.

Leila_selda

Hi RiverRunsDeep,

Yes it is the same jumpers by every reading. I have this deck a long time almost 10 years now.How can i find out what the message could mean from the cards? Because there are no positions and they are not related to the subjuct of the question ive been asking. They just popp out every time. Im kinda new to this experience.
Hmmm, I interpreted your post a little differently than Grizabella did. Now I'm wondering, what do you mean by cards "popping out?" If it is a new deck or you are new to shuffling and the same cards keep falling out of the deck, I would tend to agree with Griz....it could simply be a clumsy shuffle, nonrandomized cards, or the cards are sticking together. However, if you keep getting the same "jumpers", or you keep drawing the same cards for different readings, I would interpret that differently. When that happens to me, I abandon whatever reading I was attempting to do and focus on the cards that keep appearing. IMO, they represent an important message, and what you most need to hear at the present time.

Padma

When this happens to me, then I interpret it the same way RiverRunsDeep does. It means that the tarot is interrupting your reading, in order to give you an important message, just like the news can interrupt a tv show you are watching. Pay close attention to the cards that keep coming up over and over again!

The other thing could be, the tarot is trying to tell you about something you have to fix in your life, or deal with, before you can advance or have progress on the question/situation you are asking about.

And the last thing I can think of is that you are in a karmic loop of sorts, doing the same things over and over and getting poor results, or else, you have a big karmic lesson to learn, and you need to be getting on with it. The cards that repeat themselves will tell you which lesson it is.

Good luck! Maybe you can post about those specific cards over in the "your readings" thread, and we can then help you interpret them. :)

Leila_selda

Hi Padma,

I will pay close attention and meaby even pull the jumpers out and asking what these cards are trying to tell me. And i think youre right about the karmic loop the jumpers are cards about the past/karmic bond etc. So i think there is something that i need to deal with. i wanna thank you a lot. You gave me much inside. meaby i will post the jumpers under the your readings section if i cant figure out what it is what the cards are telling me.
When this happens to me, then I interpret it the same way RiverRunsDeep does. It means that the tarot is interrupting your reading, in order to give you an important message, just like the news can interrupt a tv show you are watching. Pay close attention to the cards that keep coming up over and over again!

The other thing could be, the tarot is trying to tell you about something you have to fix in your life, or deal with, before you can advance or have progress on the question/situation you are asking about.

And the last thing I can think of is that you are in a karmic loop of sorts, doing the same things over and over and getting poor results, or else, you have a big karmic lesson to learn, and you need to be getting on with it. The cards that repeat themselves will tell you which lesson it is.

Good luck! Maybe you can post about those specific cards over in the "your readings" thread, and we can then help you interpret them. :)

Grizabella

Hi Grizabella,

It is not a new deck. I have this deck since i was 19 my dad gave me this deck. And ive been reading and learning the tarot for almost 2 years now. This never happened to me before. Thats why i found this strange.because even when im doing a reading for other people still the same cards. But i will try to do your tips. Ps i think you are a very incrideble tarot reader and adviser on this forum. I read a lot of your comments and they've always helped me to give me more insight about a certain tarot card. So i was very pleased to read your reply on my post :)

Thank you for your good words. :) I'm glad you find helpful information in my posts. :) I always hope to be helpful.

To give you a chuckle for the day, ever since I replied to you yesterday, I've been doing a lot of picking up cards off the floor. :p This happened to me another time when I was posting that I thought it might just be due to fumbled cards, too. I'm a good shuffler normally and I don't normally drop cards. I think my Tarot Muse must be messing with me.

Leila_selda

Ohh Really that is funny that you cards are keep falling out since you reply to me :p lol yeah youre post are really helpful :) i hope your deck isent messing with you :p
Thank you for your good words. :) I'm glad you find helpful information in my posts. :) I always hope to be helpful.

To give you a chuckle for the day, ever since I replied to you yesterday, I've been doing a lot of picking up cards off the floor. :p This happened to me another time when I was posting that I thought it might just be due to fumbled cards, too. I'm a good shuffler normally and I don't normally drop cards. I think my Tarot Muse must be messing with me.

Grizabella

These are very interesting ideas, Padma. I'm going to incorporate those ideas and see what happens.

And Leila, I'm still in the time out corner---another card fell as soon as I picked up my deck this morning. :)