Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

KMilliron

Should someone start something in the experimental forum? Seems like something people would be interested in practicing.

EoMg

Ok someone PM'd me... and I didn't do so well. But I am a beginning reader.

I feel like tarot should be able to answer a simple question like this... in the hands of a skilled reader. But most of you seem to disagree? I'm curious as to why.

I drew two cards for each name, btw... one to represent the person and the other to represent what they're attracted to.

EoMg said:
Would someone be willing to post the first names of some friends whose sexual identity is known to you so that I can try a reading. Then you tell me where I was right or wrong :)

gregory

KMilliron said:
Should someone start something in the experimental forum? Seems like something people would be interested in practicing.
I would actually rather it didn't become an experiment thing; whenI posted, it was to be a one off for the benefit of EoMg, and I shall pull the names now, seeing the way this might go :(

Why do I think it wouldn't work (I can't speak for others). You read for someone - you do NOT read for others who aren't there. the MOST you are likely to pick up is what is in your sitter's mind, NOT what there is to know about someone who isn't there, isn't co-operating (why should they ? - it is none of the sitter's business) and isn't in any way tuned in to anything. A reader works with the vibes from the sitter. If the sitter desperately wants to believe something - chances are that is what you will pick up. If someone hasn't even come out - why would you pick that up - if THEY are blocking the information, that is their privilege, and "the cards can tell" kind of. I read what there is to see for my sitter, not for other people.

KMilliron

gregory said:
I would actually rather it didn't become an experiment thing; whenI posted, it was to be a one off for the benefit of EoMg, and I shall pull the names now, seeing the way this might go :(

Why do I think it wouldn't work (I can't speak for others). You read for someone - you do NOT read for others who aren't there. the MOST you are likely to pick up is what is in your sitter's mind, NOT what there is to know about someone who isn't there, isn't co-operating (why should they ? - it is none of the sitter's business) and isn't in any way tuned in to anything. A reader works with the vibes from the sitter. If the sitter desperately wants to believe something - chances are that is what you will pick up. If someone hasn't even come out - why would you pick that up - if THEY are blocking the information, that is their privilege, and "the cards can tell" kind of. I read what there is to see for my sitter, not for other people.

So if you thought that why did you post names in the first place? I'm not following the logic. :/

mimiraj

EoMg said:
Would someone be willing to post the first names of some friends whose sexual identity is known to you so that I can try a reading. Then you tell me where I was right or wrong :)
Sorry I would not be willing to be part of this. To my way of thinking it is basically a 3rd party reading and against my COE. I only read for a person who has given me permission and no one else. LOL, I even have a slight problem posting readings on AT with my feelings regarding privacy and confidentiality :)

gregory

KMilliron said:
So if you thought that why did you post names in the first place? I'm not following the logic. :/
Because the friends I named were all people who are entirely open about their orientation, and would have been amused. They would all happily have told you if you had asked them. But seeing the way it was likely to end up - starting an experiment almost to out people - it became clear, to MY mind anyway, that this could maybe lead to people trying to work out ways to collect very private information from people who would NOT be happy about it. As I am not at all happy about third party readings in a genuine reading situation, I decided my post was inappropriate, even given my reasons for posting it.

The logic changed as the tone of the thread changed - in fact it was your post about starting a whole experiment that decided me. That would be so awful...

I was wrong, is what it boils down to. An impulse that I should not have indulged.

Aulruna

To be honest, I wouldn't have an ethical problem here. We do chat and speculate about people when we just talk ... it is not that different when using Tarot. Unless you are so good that your readings produce polaroid-like results ... mine are usually much more vague than that.

And I can totally relate to not wanting to hit on a straight man - not all of them react gracefully.

I also don't think I pick up only the energy of the sitter. Often enough I hit paydirt and the sitter had to come back later to tell me that, because they hadn't been aware of it at the time of the reading.

A few times, sexual preference did come up in my readings. But never as the answer to a yes/no question. I don't think I would be very good at this for another reason - it is simply not how I perceive sexual identity. Someone on a similar thread years ago said sexual orientation is a continuum. This is how I see it. And some people are so wonderfully evolved that they can switch when the right person enters their life, regardless of the gender. (My idea of Eden!)

gregory

Aulruna said:
A few times, sexual preference did come up in my readings. But never as the answer to a yes/no question. I don't think I would be very good at this for another reason - it is simply not how I perceive sexual identity. Someone on a similar thread years ago said sexual orientation is a continuum. This is how I see it. And some people are so wonderfully evolved that they can switch when the right person enters their life, regardless of the gender. (My idea of Eden!)
Right on ! (I won't be the person you meant, but I have said that on several threads - including, I THINK - this one, or the one that led to this one.) There is an excellent book, The End of Gay, which deals very well with the continuum as a concept.

sunstallion

It is not just me, or us, human being explore others (3rd party) privacy. But also our spirit guides, angels, or loved ones who passed way, or divine being also desperately try to give you hints about 3rd party when you or they are about to be in danger. And you didn't even thought about or asked them for this in the beginning. They just tried to give you the messages.

I am not going to give examples here, but you can search on this on the internet.