Liber for Simpletons: a stoned out Dead of the Dead Thoth fusion deck with bacon

The crowned one

I like the card's back ground, not a fan of the cartoon like skeleton. ( I enjoyed your writting too, explaing the card, it all made sense ! )

nicky

I'm partial to a smoking bong verses the candle ;)

xoxox

flying black kat

Thread Watched. This should be interesting.

BodhiSeed

I can't WAIT for the coloured version. And as for how DEATH can top this card... :bugeyed:
Yes!
:)

You should assign a Dead song to each of the cards. Truckin' for the Fool of course. The Dead certainly have a large enough song library to choose from!
Absolutely! :p

I fear you have whetted our appetites for more, dear Starlightexp. :D (Do you see us standing in a line with our empty bowls extended?)

toj

I will back anything with the Dead theme...

starlightexp

The coloring process for the card begins. This is the first pass of colors. There will be some more added here and there.

One thing that came to me in the haze of pastel smoke (yes they really are messy to work with) is just how elemental the card came out. It made me realize that this card is not a card of being in a chrysalis just emerging into the world this is one of full on life.

This is Born to Be Wild in the Purple Haze.

It’s knowing that EVERYTHING is possible right here right now you need to not fear it but go with it. Don’t hesitate follow your inner voice, that stream from the divine that which you know never fails you. You won’t have mastery of what you do just yet, but you will someday. By grasping these raw opportunities is how you gain the mastery.

Attachments

• Fool 1.jpg
    Fool 1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 132

Zephyros

Great card, and I don't mean this in a disparaging way but it is also surprisingly esoterically accurate. I say surprisingly because I'm not used to seeing something this light-hearted and fun stick to the rules, as it were, even down to the sun at his crotch! I especially like the strong orange (burnt sienna?), it gives the card a really primal feel to it. The only thing I could say is that I think the implements he's holding are a bit tame for my tastes (the pyramid and flaming pine-cone), but that's just my opinion and I can see (or try to to guess) where you're going and why.

Have you considered doing it in oils? I'd bet you could do some really, really amazing things mixing those. I eagerly await more!

nicky

I want to join his zodiac club !

Pam O

WOW. I'm excited about this!! :D
And this is certainly not "just" another clone.

I figure posting is the great way to get this to be a watched thread!