The Cheimonette Tarot

beatles1318

Thank you so much, everyone.

Beatles, what is your spread? I've been experimenting with different spreads as well. If it feels good to me, I'd certainly be glad to put in into my book!

Coming up this week: the Fool -> the Hanged Man -> the Angel (judgement)!

Look in the Spread forums for 'Olodumare's Clockwork Spread'

GryffinSong

These are beautiful. Your work has a rare combination of talent, beauty, and something fresh and new. I love it! :)

cheimonette

That looks really good- I could totally include that spread in my book, as long as you don't mind me describing the card positions in my own words. I'll message you when I'm ready to start that part of the book, ok?

beatles1318

That looks really good- I could totally include that spread in my book, as long as you don't mind me describing the card positions in my own words. I'll message you when I'm ready to start that part of the book, ok?

As long as you don't mind including my name. Provided by Sam Schafer.

ravenest

As for "educated free association", I think I learned about that via my experiences with synaesthesia, and, strangely enough, from my seven years as a Tango dancer. I'm not going to write a huge discourse on those subjects for fear of straying too far from the point, but suffice it to say, I learned how my imagination and creative decision making became so much richer and more valuable the more experience and knowledge I collected. In the way that complex dance movements turn into muscle memory, freeing the mind to creatively improvise,

Comprendo! I got similar from 'kata' (esp. the more complex ones) a pre-arranged set of martial arts techniques .. also noticed a similarity with a GF a few years back who was a Flamenco dance teacher.

You could start another thread ON the subject ... if you felt like writing a huge discourse :) ... I would read it (as I find you communicate quiet well on the difficult subject of personal perception)
in the way that learning about chaos physics and abstract math enrich my dreams and daydreams, and imbue them with meaning- this is what educated free association means to me. The balance of learning as much as you can while keeping clear of overthinking and second guessing yourself: this is not only real confidence, but it usually produces the best work, the best decisions, the most genuine and coherent ideologies. As I see it.

:lightbulb Yes !

cheimonette

You could start another thread ON the subject ... if you felt like writing a huge discourse :) ... I would read it (as I find you communicate quiet well on the difficult subject of personal perception)

I'll think about it! I wrote a similar sort of article for Coilhouse a few years ago. http://coilhouse.net/2011/10/the-tango-the-quark-and-the-allegory-of-love/
What does educated free-association mean to you? You seem very well-versed in the Thoth symbology, in particular.

ravenest

For me it is an education in Hermetics and Anthropology - correspondences naturally and by association with cultural sets. Distinguishing localised information with the general 'human' 'collective unconscious '.

Then there is the education about oneself ("Know Thyself") to attempt a differentiation from my internal 'stuff', or bias or unbalance and the internal 'clear' knowledge and perceptions. I hope this allows a clearer channel for 'intuition' and understandings gleaned about life and nature instead of just looking into a mirror where all my personal ego attachments and hopes are reflected as some representation of the external world.

So the association is, I hope and strive for, one that is educated by the above but free of association from my own projections from imbalanced parts of my psyche. I often feel I am on the right track when all the 'higher signals' concur but my ego isn't happy about it :laugh:

cheimonette

New Images: Court Card Portraits

I haven't updated here in a while because I've been working really hard on finishing up my cards. I'm in the middle of painting the 7 of disks right now, and I'm going to make a time-lapse video of me drawing my last card remaining, the 8 of cups!

Anyway, I'm starting to process the images for publication, which is a lot more work than I was expecting. I began with two cards from my court cards set, the Queen of Swords and the Queen of Wands. Here they are!

http://www.cheimonette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Sq.png
http://www.cheimonette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Wq.png

After doing a lot of research and looking at a *lot* of different tarot decks, I decided I really wanted to avoid cramming my court cards with a bunch of symbols because to me, court cards are about personality, and it felt right to make them portraits. I put all my meaning into their faces and attitudes, trying to make their personalities shine through that way.

Let me know what you all think!