A card you "hate"?

phoenix55

I can't use the world hate but when the 5 of Swords comes up first in reading, I automatically think WHO... WHAT... WHERE... WHEN? :confused: I get kinda paranoid weird but that's just me I guess. :D

Definitely not just you. Don't like that card either. Always came up with me when I was involved with very manipulative men, never like seeing it. Get a little paranoid about it, too.

phoenix55

Interesting how almost everybody here has mentioned Sword cards...

Le Fanu

Interesting how almost everybody here has mentioned Sword cards...
I'm not one of those virtuous types who love every single card.

Again, not hate but I dislike all the pointless cards - you know who you are - Temperance, plus the Two and Three of Wands.

I could get used to the idea of tarot having 75 cards. Much better ring to it.

Those cards tell me nothing, teach me nothing and I don't think I've ever had a moment in my life when they've needed to speak to me. I draw them for other people, but for myself, never.

Nomdeplume

For me it's the Wheel of Fortune. Whenever I see that card I start worrying about what kind of whirlwind I will be subjected to.

jema

For me it's the Wheel of Fortune. Whenever I see that card I start worrying about what kind of whirlwind I will be subjected to.

*this*

I never been a fan of wheel of fortune!
It is just hopeless to read.
'something will happen'
yeah right!

Starshower

How fascinating!
Aeric - I don't see the RWS 3 of Swords as unremittingly negative at all! I see all the 3s as connected to the care-giving Empress & as indicating 'initial success' in their respective suites. Swords to me = Air / thought / reason / analysis / rationality / insights etc. So for me, the 3 means sharp, incisive thoughts penetrating to the heart of the emotions. Analysis of sad & negative feelings. Insight & understanding, which can lead to feeling better.

I don't dismiss any card as irrelevant; they all reflect & express some aspect of our human experience. I don't judge the poor fellow in the 4 of Cups as 'spoiled' or a 'brat' any more than I would a friend suffering from severe Depression, ennui, or sorrow. Emotional illness.

But the card(s) I really dislike, which make me feel uneasy & alienated, are most of the Wands. Especially the (drama)Queen, but all the courts especially. Here, I do break my resolve not to criticise and I flinch when they appear ... such self-centred, loud, demanding, controlling, over-competitive, attention-seeking, narcissistic, entitled, puffed-up pains in the neck. Divas all!
This is Wrong & Very Bad of me, I know. :(

FireHermit

*this*

I never been a fan of wheel of fortune!

It is just hopeless to read.

'something will happen'

yeah right!

This made me laugh out loud! I've felt like this about the wheel a lot! This is the card that sometimes (not always) makes me feel like I'm clutching at straws!

danieljuk

I tend to dislike cards that keep coming up and bugging me when I have to follow their advice! damn them! currently it seems to be The Emperor! But this is because I need to follow their advice and work them out :)

I know this is such an obvious clichéd choice but I am not a fan of The Tower or the 10 of Swords. I know there is positives with the Tower that whilst it's difficult, things change long term for the better and perhaps there is a breakthrough. But my year of it last year was just miserable with forced change. 10 of Swords seems to come up for me as a daily card for accidents or almost accidents a lot :(

Reina de Copas

I can't use the world hate but when the 5 of Swords comes up first in reading, I automatically think WHO... WHAT... WHERE... WHEN? :confused: I get kinda paranoid weird but that's just me I guess. :D
I am SO with you on this. Can't find a good thing to say about this card, and dread seeing it. Realized recently I'm actually a bit paranoid about all the fives. None of them feel at all happy.

LadyV

I'd say I dislike most of the cards because I never know what they're trying to tell me, but court cards are my least favorite. I just can't connect to them.