Have you ever felt that intuition and poetic inspiration come from the same place?

chaosbloom

This might be confusing to people who've only had strong intuition but no poetic inclinations or vice versa but for those who've had both, do you think that this little window that opens up and inspiration come out is also where intuition comes from? Does it feel like a similar mental or emotional state? From my limited experience with intuition, it feels very similar to me. I'd like to see if anyone else has noticed any similarities.

Padma

I am not sure about the poetry part, but insofar as art is concerned, when I am painting or drawing I do get floods of intuitive insights. I believe it is because when we create, we are in true communion with the Universe, or our true self/source. This opens many doors or pathways within ourselves.

I also believe that all inspiration flows down from the Universe to us, and that we are merely the vessels that bring it to be. While lost in painting, or wandering around in the meditation of painting, I have often felt as though the energy of the Universe was flowing down the handle of my brush, and coming to life upon the canvas.

I hope I understood your question correctly, and that this helps somewhat.

:)

Philistine

For me, yes, definitely. I totally get what you are saying. But I am a big literature/poetry person yet am also very analytical, so my intuitive and poetic understanding tends to be more of Swords than of Cups, so to speak. I tend to get more meaning when I'm not taking an emotional stance, but more of an analytical approach, I guess.

I read a poem or a novel the same way I read the cards (images, patterns, allusions, structure, etc.). Hell, I even watch movies and judge social interactions this way!

chaosbloom

I am not sure about the poetry part, but insofar as art is concerned, when I am painting or drawing I do get floods of intuitive insights. I believe it is because when we create, we are in true communion with the Universe, or our true self/source. This opens many doors or pathways within ourselves.

I also believe that all inspiration flows down from the Universe to us, and that we are merely the vessels that bring it to be. While lost in painting, or wandering around in the meditation of painting, I have often felt as though the energy of the Universe was flowing down the handle of my brush, and coming to life upon the canvas.

I hope I understood your question correctly, and that this helps somewhat.

:)

Yes, we're talking about the same thing, the only difference is that instead of Universe I call the same thing the Muses.

For me, yes, definitely. I totally get what you are saying. But I am a big literature/poetry person yet am also very analytical, so my intuitive and poetic understanding tends to be more of Swords than of Cups, so to speak. I tend to get more meaning when I'm not taking an emotional stance, but more of an analytical approach, I guess.

I read a poem or a novel the same way I read the cards (images, patterns, allusions, structure, etc.). Hell, I even watch movies and judge social interactions this way!

Is that just when you read or view or listen to something? I meant mostly when you create. In my experience there's no analysis or thinking going on when that happens. Probably like automatic writing, your hands feel like someone else's instruments and you only think about what you've made after you're done. Like the right hemisphere completely taking over.

liveandbloom

This might be confusing to people who've only had strong intuition but no poetic inclinations or vice versa but for those who've had both, do you think that this little window that opens up and inspiration come out is also where intuition comes from? Does it feel like a similar mental or emotional state? From my limited experience with intuition, it feels very similar to me. I'd like to see if anyone else has noticed any similarities.

Short answer, most definitely.

I think there are a range of mental phenomena that I'd casually refer to as intuition, but when I think on it, I'm not sure if I'd say they all come from a similar mental/emotional state.

You talk about a window, like a portal, through which poetic inspiration and intuition show up, or automatic writing where it feels like something else is controlling your hand. I have experiences that I think fall under this description. It feels like I received a message or vision or thought; whatever it is, it's not mine, it just came to me.

Then there is another kind of intuition that feels distinctly different. I think of it as a kind of cognition/knowing that doesn't have an apparent process. To me it feels different than the former because it feels like it emerged from my mental activity rather than arrived.

I think I may be splitting hairs...but I wonder if others can relate to the distinction I'm making?

Also, I'm curious about how you experience poetic inspiration? What does it look like?

Lucas Prince of Cats

Ofcourse! In different ways of thinking, creativity and intuition come from the same place, sometimes creativoity is intuition disguised by symbols. FOr some, it's the subcounscious, and for some, it is mostly in the upper chakras (which may be the subcounscious).

chaosbloom

A definition of poetic inspiration is hard but not impossible. I should have at least tried to include an example in my first post but given it's hard, I didn't even try. For me, it has come in many forms and it tends to relate to the medium I'm using at the time. I've had sudden inspirations in writing, going on for many many pages until the inspiration ran out. Then you look back at what you wrote and you find that the eloquence and the patterns that you've put there are yours but not exactly yours. They're enhanced and polished, like you're on speed or some other upper.

Or in music, you'd start to play a piece but there's a flow in the melody that you don't usually get. You'll still make mistakes but everything eventually clicks. You don't stop playing but in the end, sometimes you don't even remember what you played or even the melody. You get lost in the process of creation that you stop paying attention to it.

I realise that this doesn't make sense to anyone who hasn't experienced this, which is why I didn't originally try to include a definition. Maybe it's different to everyone who has experienced it?

Padma

Nah, is same in painting. Totally hear you.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Also, inspiration and intuition are like two types of the same; epiphanies, or things suddenly coming to mind. AAnd often times, creativity has a meaning.

chaosbloom

Nah, is same in painting. Totally hear you.

I guess that if there's something that a Taurus can describe that a Gemini can totally hear, it must be universal right? :joke: Frankly, I've never attempted to even describe this thing before.

Also, inspiration and intuition are like two types of the same; epiphanies, or things suddenly coming to mind. AAnd often times, creativity has a meaning.

Well that's my hypothesis. But I wasn't sure if other people saw it like that. Tarot definitely "tickles" that door but I wasn't sure if anyone else gets into that sort of state. I've trained myself to connect to to that "door" for artistic purposes but not for divination. If that's what the "door" is, then it has more uses than I thought.