1910 Rider Tarot Revived Edition on Amazon

Wheel of Fantastic

*cough* Etsy. (And actually I emailed the seller who was very helpful...)

O.K., my mistake :)

I'm feeling RWS'd out at the moment though, there are only so many variations of 'it's almost a reconstruction of the original but not quite' that I can handle.

Out of curiosity I did check out the deck on Etsy. Cost of postage to the UK is almost the same as the deck (deck is £12.12, postage is £10.12). I wish the creator well but the deck is not special enough as a non-collector to pick this up when I have the Premium von Waite and the Centennial.

Darytessekhmet

I just received the deck yesterday and must say I'm pleasantly surprised. The cardstock is nice. The colors are pleasant. It's kinda strange not having the black line around rhe image, but not as bothersome as I anticipated. My only complaint is the back image of the nebula with the eye, but I can live with it. I'm thinking of getting a couple more. I feel it's a better deck than the Tavern games replica. There is no lwb. But that's ok with me.

gregory

I just got it today and I REALLY like it. OK the backs are a bit - unusual - but other than that - I also like the card stock; I'm not sure what's supposed to be wrong with it.

FLizarraga

I'm so tired, I'm a little cross-eyed, but here I am, still reading the forums. I'm so glad that mostly everybody is liking this deck. I like it a lot. Side by side with the Centennial and the new AGMüller, it still holds its own.

Too bad the backs are rather amateurish. I can live with them all right, and they are about the only real flaw I can point out. I cannot thank John enough for bringing it to everyone's attention.

EmpyreanKnight

From the pics in Amazon, I can tell that the material used is great. GJ John! Adding this to my wishlist, pacing myself so I'd feel justified in splurging for my birthday. :)

EmpyreanKnight

By the way, the symbol overlaid over the Helix Nebula on the back of the cards is that of Ajna - the Guru or Third Eye Chakra which is located between the eyebrows. It is regarded as the center of intuition, foresight, and psychic abilities, and is said to be the chakra that diviners (including Tarotists) draw on when they perform their readings. Just FYI.

FLizarraga

By the way, the symbol overlaid over the Helix Nebula on the back of the cards is that of Ajna - the Guru or Third Eye Chakra which is located between the eyebrows. It is regarded as the center of intuition, foresight, and psychic abilities, and is said to be the chakra that diviners (including Tarotists) draw on when they perform their readings. Just FYI.

I know. Still amateurishly done. I hope he gets better.

EmpyreanKnight

I know. Still amateurishly done. I hope he gets better.

Yup, the nebula thing was a pretty weird choice for a Tarot back. I wish the creator went for something more classic. Maybe in a later edition, i.e. if USG doesn't decide to blow this one out of the water (fingers crossed).