Wanderer's Tarot

Madrigal

Wanderer's Tarot arrived this week. Very different than what I imagined. This one will require me to really dig deep intuitively with the Minors. Did anyone else back this? More pics here.

RiverRunsDeep

I didn't back it. Actually, I had never heard of it until I saw the other post where you had mentioned it. In general, I like the quality of the artwork, beautiful, silvery etchings. But the cards are all over the place for me. I love some of the Majors, like Strength and the Magician, but I am very disappointed in the Moon. For readings, I would need a little more from the minors, yet I think the Ace of Moons is breathtaking. I'd be interested to hear how you get along with this deck in readings. :)

Madrigal

I didn't back it. Actually, I had never heard of it until I saw the other post where you had mentioned it. In general, I like the quality of the artwork, beautiful, silvery etchings. But the cards are all over the place for me. I love some of the Majors, like Strength and the Magician, but I am very disappointed in the Moon. For readings, I would need a little more from the minors, yet I think the Ace of Moons is breathtaking. I'd be interested to hear how you get along with this deck in readings. :)

I'll post back once I've worked with it a bit. As I said it's going to have me stretching my intuitive muscle in a quite different way. Which is kind of exciting.

aquestionmark

Wanderer's Tarot arrived this week. Very different than what I imagined. This one will require me to really dig deep intuitively with the Minors. Did anyone else back this? More pics here.

I backed this project and received my deck yesterday.. For some reason, I was hesitant and almost cancelled my pledge before the project was over which is not something I like to do, but I decided to see what this deck has to teach me..

As I sift through the cards, I enjoy the way they shuffle, the cardstock is shiny but not sticky (unlike the Mary El and more similar to the circo tarot).

The deck comes with explanation cards for each major, suit, court card and general numerological association which I find helpful as a tiny bit of guidance...

For example:

Ace ~ the purest form of the corresponding suit
2 ~ Union + Opposites
3 ~ Gestation // Growth // Birth
4 ~ Even // material unity

The Devil ~ chaos, creativity, embracing shadow
Strength ~ Mind over matter
Moon ~ Dreams, introspect

Moons ~ represent emotions, psychic channels. Related to healing + the tides of water. Tied to love + the creative.
Feathers ~ The suit of desire + passion. Representative of spirit flight + associated with the fire element.

In the end, I am glad I did not cancel my pledge for this deck. I think it will provide a very fresh intuitive spark. In my opinion, the simplistic sketches are quite neutral which pushes the reader to do some work to form their own meanings/relationship with the cards. I for sure plan to do some journaling with these cards...

Madrigal

In the end, I am glad I did not cancel my pledge for this deck. I think it will provide a very fresh intuitive spark. In my opinion, the simplistic sketches are quite neutral which pushes the reader to do some work to form their own meanings/relationship with the cards. I for sure plan to do some journaling with these cards...

I feel similarly. There is something about its austere imagery that is compelling. Plus it has a decidedly feminist vibe which I like. Journaling is a great idea.

Myrrha

I'll post back once I've worked with it a bit. As I said it's going to have me stretching my intuitive muscle in a quite different way. Which is kind of exciting.
Isn't that a fantastic feeling? Sometimes I think that feeling is the real reason I read tarot.

Citrin

This is all over instagram currently...

It looks nice, but personally I see too much similarity to many other "black and white" decks out there (Nomad Tarot, Goldes Thread etc) and that kind of makes me feel "meh" about it.

gregory

I rather like it. Is it still buyable ?

Madrigal

This is all over instagram currently...

It looks nice, but personally I see too much similarity to many other "black and white" decks out there (Nomad Tarot, Goldes Thread etc) and that kind of makes me feel "meh" about it.

I liked all of those and yet not enough to buy. This one I was inspired to actually buy. Perhaps the difference is the 'feminist witchy vibe' as it's described by the creator. I'm loving the readings I'm getting with it so far.

I rather like it. Is it still buyable ?

Not sure. Contact info here.

Achlys

Personally, it's not for me.
I hope you enjoy it, though!