Numerology for the pips

nisaba

Depending on which unillustrated-pip deck I'm using, I read it differently. For more modern decks (Vetrate, Tarot of the Dead etc) I tend to use RWS meanings automatically, without even thinking about it.

For other decks, I tend to cross the following keywords for the suits:-

Pentacles physical-world,
Cups emotions,
Swords Intellect,
Wands physical drive

... with arbitrary meanings for each of the numbers:-

Ace root
two separation
three union
four stability
five change
six outlook
seven depletion
eight construction
Nine swelling
Ten finality.

That gives me a very primitive starting-point: I then put my mouth on Automatic, and trust that it'll say whatever the client needs to hear. They seem happy with that.

Bernice

Nisaba
Pentacles physical-world,
Cups emotions,
Swords Intellect,
Wands physical drive

<....snip....>

Ace root
two separation
three union
four stability
five change
six outlook
seven depletion
eight construction
Nine swelling
Ten finality.

That gives me a very primitive starting-point: I then put my mouth on Automatic, and trust that it'll say whatever the client needs to hear.
Neat, sweet, and clear-cut.

I think a key phrase here is "I then put my mouth on Automatic, and trust that it'll say whatever the client needs to hear". It sounds so simple, but it's probably the hardest thing to do for people who are all caught up in some convoluted system :laugh:. However, I think that's the best approach for a reading once you've got a grasp of the basics that you've decided on.

Bee :)

nisaba

<smile> Thank you.

conversus

I'm always looking for someones successful set of key words ; I know it may be a hapless quest for the grail, but I was also struck with the clarity of your list nisaba.

I'm wondering if I might be going in the right direction with this example:

Say I'm considering going to the market, a walk of about 2 miles, and I draw the 7 of wands. Would it wildly off mark to say that the project might take a bit more out of me than I'm expecting, or that the result might less than I expected.

Or, could it be a hint that I should eat that power bar before the walk, rather than after?

I apologize for the trivial example, I do not mean a trivial subject.

CED

Bernice

Using Nisabas' keywords it looks like you may not be physically up to it.
However if you seem to be fit & healthy perhaps there might be some problem along the way which would cause a long detour - which would really wear you out?

conversus

Thanks Bee, your take confirms mine.

CED

conversus

Gazel's take on the Pips revisited

Like many here I continue to refine, reshape, restart a method to kick-start the interpretation of the non-scenic pips usually associated with the TdM and other decks. Some time ago Gazel very generously offered her current take on the Ace to Ten numerology. I found her insight very helpful and have augmented it a bit. Any failure to launch is entirely due to me!

Thanks, Gazel, and to all for your great generosity!!!

1 Point <unity, origin, source~essence, emanation, potential> Ideal
2 Distinction <duality~polarity, complementarity, balance> Conversation
3 Unfoldment <creativity, flow, development> Community
4 Consolidation <structure, stability, fixation> Trap
5 Disturbance <change, transformation, disintegration, connection> Challenge
6 Harmony <beauty, sharing, love, atonement> Resolution~Restoration
7 Inspiration <ideas, possibilities, visions, mettle> Understanding
8 Execution <work, discipline, focus> Progression
9 Maturity <ripeness, conclusion, experience, withdrawal> Collapse
10 Completion <wholeness, transcendence, manifestation, cycle> Tangent

CED

mynumerologist

The number 1 through 78 each correspond to one of the 78 tarot cards.

The numbering is clear in the book Numerology and the Divine Triangle by Faith Javane and Dusty Bunker (and they provide some esoteric keywords for each card).

Gazel

conversus said:
Like many here I continue to refine, reshape, restart a method to kick-start the interpretation of the non-scenic pips usually associated with the TdM and other decks. Some time ago Gazel very generously offered her current take on the Ace to Ten numerology. I found her insight very helpful and have augmented it a bit. Any failure to launch is entirely due to me!

Thanks, Gazel, and to all for your great generosity!!!

Dear conversus
I'm only happy to share, and I'm glad you can use my thoughts on this.
Actually this remind me pursue the subject, I still need to work some more aspects out.
Love, G.

Bernice

mynumerologist said:
The number 1 through 78 each correspond to one of the 78 tarot cards.

The numbering is clear in the book Numerology and the Divine Triangle by Faith Javane and Dusty Bunker (and they provide some esoteric keywords for each card).
Thank you for your recommendation mynumerologist, but this thread is about the pip cards in the early historical tarot decks. The trump cards in these decks tend to have historical associations &/or meanings.

There is a method of associating the pip cards with a trump card of the same numeral, which some people like to use.