focus and charging one card/deck (ideas, pros, cons)

HOLMES

On focus cards/charge cards

Please note I am talking focus cards picked at the beginning of the reading, and not at the end of the reading aka clarifying cards.
There is cases for using focus cards for why not, you want to know about prison so you have to make sure it is in there right ? you want to know if you will find your mate so your reading should have main female/male in it eh ?
Here is my question suppose what you want to know is important (after all you want to know it eh) but it is best you let it happen organically rather then forced so let say you ask about the coffin for your friend so you put it down below the cards and cover it with another card in the 3 x 3 spread , or even put it in the main card in the middle and read it like it was there naturally.

However if you had used the deck more naturally and let the forces behind the kipper(lenny or tarot for that matter) work like they are supposed to do,, and it shows up but it isn’t in the middle for something else that turns out is more important to the client then knowing if his relationship is over. There could be any card really from the child to the main lady to the house that could be more important and that is secretly what he wants to know,, if the child is going to be ok, if the house he grew up in is going to be ok, or if his ex is going to be ok for he still loves her. (to me in a 3x3 reading,, the card in the middle is the important card)

Let’s move away from the focus cards for a second and go to a psychic reading ,, (let’s forget the idea of hot, cold readings for a minute ) and you give the first insight or say to make a focus connection by saying I am getting a brother energy here,, or the initials y here (look up some medium readings on you tube if you never saw john Edwards, james van pragh in action ). This Is to validate we are on the same path and the energy we are getting is real and not just in our imaginations so the validation can help us make sure we are not wasting our time.

It is the same when doing a reading in person that the first card I turn over should have a good connection to what is said. But with that said,, I personally in my own view do not need a card down to hold the energy of the question. To my mind it is a waste of a card unless it is put into the deck and shuffled and read with the rest of the cards. (not referring to a grand tableu, just a minor version say 9 to 12 ) and it may not even show up,, is that important ?

I did a reading last fall where a person asked about career direction and the tarot cards didn’t’ want to focus on that but more on relationships and hardly any real career direction. I think in those cases their wasn’t really any opportunites for career direction for other things had to be clear before hand.
Perhaps that is why I hardly do predictive readings for in my fearful ego that is human nature,, it is easier to be wrong in the future then in the past for while It may look like energy wise they might do this ,,decisions that change the energy of the future made by the client may change that.
But the idea I am making here is if there wasn’t really positive card about career or love or travel but just not so positive cards like everything was going to stay the status quo (which it would most likely would for nothing was pointing to some good changes ) what I mean is the client was content to stay in their 9 to 5 job and didn’t really have any aspirations to do anything good ,, or even to by some lottery tickets but just wishes for the unexpected income to drop in their laps (don’t’ we all ) and the great fortune is besides it to say more will come lol.
So the point I am making is if we try to force the cards to tell us what we want to hear , it may be false and not what we need to hear to prepare for the future.

The other reason why I feel it is best not to use focus card is it is better to focus on the question,, what it is if anything the client really needs to know.. to discuss it a little bit to make sure it is really what wants to be known.
Tonight I did a reading live where we discussed what they want to know , they asked only spirituality and I kept asking yes but what .. and we talked about general spirituality and blockages,, (read this person card a lot over the last 15 years so we could afford to get more specific and I can be more direct as I already knew stuff ) in the end we ended up clarifying the question a bit more to not direction but blockages .
I feel this is better then other methods I have read about focus,, like having the client pick a card they like out of some choices, or they feel inuitative like hot cards out of a horseshoe.
(incidently , in my experience the client would spend 15 to 20 minutes picking out 10 cards using the hot method or feel method really slow down the reading, and I actually lost interest in doing the reading a majority of time so I ended up shuffling myself as my energy is limited ) .

The above was about focus cards , and leaving them out of the readings as they are already present at the bottom or above as a signifactor of sorts like in the tarot

I realize now in looking up stuff online that calling focus cards "signifcators" is to give the image of how it is used in the tarot , and not that is not how it is used in the oracles like the lenormand in the sense it is put aside. the terminology confused me as they get used interchangeable a lot hence the confusion.

To speak about theme cards, or charging up a card so it represents what you need is a different beast sort to speak and I have no idea if it was part of the kipper tradition or just an lenny add on as kipper becomes more widespread in the main stream. In the kipper guideline book that came with the ciro deck, there is no mention of charging up but it is just a small book.

I guess in my mind a card is charged up naturally if you asked about love that when doing a 3x 3 reading you would naturally be looking for a main female, or main male (masculine female or partner for a same sex question ) so there is no need to charge it up. You might even be again trying to change your stars by asking oh please great spirit (my own creator tradition as I am ojibwe and not trying to funny ) let me see the great income card. Or the privileged lady.

on the other hand..
what I do believe in is charging up a whole deck so we can ideally get the best card. I do this by taking the whole deck and putting in my hands and praying that the cards get blessed so we can get good guidance. in this way all cards we get are charged up :)
which goes back to letting the cards fall where they will instead of trying to set it against one card forcefully.

This is just one side of the coin, there are readers who charge up cards and use theme cards/signifactor to try to cut the tape and get to the nitty and gritty. As the lenormand lady who read for my mom said “let’s get to it “ and it may work for them.
This isn’t a you no use focus cards , or focus vs no focus discussion. . like those vs threads you see . after all it is up to you if you want to use numerology with the kipper or not (the 36 to 39 numbers on the cards surely can be used for added benefit,, I just don’t’ know how yet eheh )
Instead it is simply playing devil’s advocate here, and saying there is another way that may bring you outside of the box look at the kipper. (or lenny if you are looking at the kipper from a lenny point of view )