What Kind of Career is represented by the Moon?

PentQueen

I'm less than pleased with the vocation I've chosen, and lately I've been asking the cards what line of work I should enter/where my talents lie. I have some ideas about where I should head, and keep pulling the moon card (RW deck & Golden).

I'm curious to see what type of career/line of work relates to the moon. I would guess that it relates to some kind of work at night, and something creative, but I'd love to hear others' thoughts...any ideas?

rwcarter

According to Tarot Life Planner by Lady Lorelei that would be astronomer or astronaut. I think you have to look both at the imagery and at the meanings of the card in this case. Since the Moon can often point to confusion/delusion, a psychologist/psychiatrist or a counselor could be the answer. Because of the water association with the card, you could have a sailor. Especially along with the crab (or lobster), I could see a crab fisherman a la The Deadliest Catch (a US cable show about deep sea crab fisherman and the perils of their job). The wolves and path make me think of a park ranger.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but hopefully it's enough to get you thinking.

celticnoodle

I also thought of counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist. or perhaps a nighttime job---or that of a diviner. after all, many people feel tarot readers, crystal ball readers and the such are 'nutty'--and you often see them portrayed in a dark room, or with a full moon up in the sky! LOL! :D

Psy

celticnoodle said:
I also thought of counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist. or perhaps a nighttime job---or that of a diviner. after all, many people feel tarot readers, crystal ball readers and the such are 'nutty'--and you often see them portrayed in a dark room, or with a full moon up in the sky! LOL! :D

Second this!

PentQueen

Hmm these are really interesting responses...never thought of astronomy, but I've always been interested in astrology...been studying it since the age of 8! I can't see fisherman or park ranger though...but neat guesses! As far as tarot goes, I find it interesting, but the interest in reading for others comes and goes, so I don't think it would sustain me.

I'm definitely interested in psychology, but have never seriously thought about being a counsellor/psychiatrist...it was number 2 for me on one of those aptitude tests, right after speech pathologist (which I have no interest in pursuing!). My big lean was toward my number 3--performer...which brings me to what I had hoped the moon was suggesting...

My intuition tells me that I should finally focus on writing and performing music...so I wondered if anyone saw the moon relating to this. I could sort of see this, with respect to performing at night...perhaps in bars to start...people losing their inhibitions, slimy males (wolves/dogs) howling, lol. I've done the bar thing before, so I know I can do it again, but I'd love to eventually sing my own music as opposed to covers...I just have to get over my fear or writing! :)

Anyway, I love the responses, can anyone see the moon relating to this too?

rwcarter

Yes, I can see the Moon pertaining to any nighttime profession and/or any profession that requires one to be a night owl (like working the overnight shift). I could see the setting of the card as a backdrop on a stage, but that would be more about acting than singing (unless you're interested in musical theater).

PentQueen

rwcarter said:
Yes, I can see the Moon pertaining to any nighttime profession and/or any profession that requires one to be a night owl (like working the overnight shift). I could see the setting of the card as a backdrop on a stage, but that would be more about acting than singing (unless you're interested in musical theater).

Hmm...interesting. Why do you think the moon setting would be more suggestive of musical theatre? I do have a background in this, but am not as interested it. I feel more drawn to singing than acting...and specifically writing music. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why the moon is more suggestive of a theatre setting though. :)

hippiewitchie

PentQueen said:
My intuition tells me that I should finally focus on writing and performing music...so I wondered if anyone saw the moon relating to this. I could sort of see this, with respect to performing at night...perhaps in bars to start...people losing their inhibitions, slimy males (wolves/dogs) howling, lol. I've done the bar thing before, so I know I can do it again, but I'd love to eventually sing my own music as opposed to covers...I just have to get over my fear or writing! :)

Anyway, I love the responses, can anyone see the moon relating to this too?

Hmm Maybe the card is simply telling you to follow your intuition?

rwcarter

PentQueen said:
Hmm...interesting. Why do you think the moon setting would be more suggestive of musical theatre? I do have a background in this, but am not as interested it. I feel more drawn to singing than acting...and specifically writing music. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why the moon is more suggestive of a theatre setting though. :)
In stage plays there usually isn't enough room (or funds) for a full ensemble of props, so I could see the scene on the moon as a backdrop with the performers in front of it. And I can see someone acting/singing about needing to move on and go through the pillars and follow the path to see where it takes them.

Basic Elements

Cheese maker.