Aleister Crowley and the Ouija Board.

mac22

kwaw said:
Frater Achad Osher 583 (Gerald Edward Cornelius) claims to be the head of a branch of the A:.A:. with a lineage to Grady McMurtry. Kwaw

I notice you said "claims" to be the head of.....:)

Made in the image of God. A fat ugly one from ancient Egypt by the look of it.

:laugh:

mac22

ravenest

Thanks for the reviews guys. I wont buy this book as it doesn't seem worth it.(But stay tune for my new release ; Aleister Crowley and the Combat Arts of Ancient Okinawa. Or Aleister Crowley and the Australian Winter Garden.)

I have a copy of a book called The Pathworkings of Aleister Crowley, its not a bad book (except for lack of imagination and a few inaccuracies of the type that gets repeated by copying work and not revealed by practicing) but I can't see how it directly relates to pathworking. Although it's a reasonable book on the tarot. It could have been taken further and transformed into a type of Stella Yoga. The thing is I feel that the title has put people off, it's a terrible title! If you really wanted to know about the 'pathworkings' of AC I think the Vision and the Voice would be a better read.

I believe it was attempt to cash in on the AC tag and the popularity of the Llewellen pathworking books.

ravenest

mac22 said:
Made in the image of God. A fat ugly one from ancient Egypt by the look of it.

:laugh:

mac22

Bes ?

ravenest

kwaw said:
Frater Achad Osher 583 (Gerald Edward Cornelius) claims to be the head of a branch of the A:.A:. with a lineage to Grady McMurtry. He also used to produce the Thelemite publication Red Flame:

http://cornelius93.com/

There is a photo of him with Grady here (picture at bottom):

http://cornelius93.com/McMurtryPhotos.html

In reference to his connection with the OTO, of which he is no longer a member, see here:

http://cornelius93.com/ForeSale1.html

Kwaw

The Red Flame I have has been an invaluible resource. It is the EGC volume and has some interesting history and notes.

That pic of Grady looks like he is doing his tarot at the markets. Apparently he used to sit there doing tarot all day and drinking giant (pints?) glasses of beer. - A far shot from his machine-gun nest raids in WWII.

[dang! I was going to post a link to the photo; Grady in full WWII battle dress with helmet but couldnt find one - that one I have must be rare!]

mac22

ravenest said:
The Red Flame I have has been an invaluible resource. It is the EGC volume and has some interesting history and notes.

That pic of Grady looks like he is doing his tarot at the markets. Apparently he used to sit there doing tarot all day and drinking giant (pints?) glasses of beer. - A far shot from his machine-gun nest raids in WWII.

[dang! I was going to post a link to the photo; Grady in full WWII battle dress with helmet but couldnt find one - that one I have must be rare!]

Perhaps you can scan the pic? I hope....

mac22

ravenest

No scanner ... and, believe it or not, no camera either.

Maybe I can get the computer shop to do it.