Clow Cards Revisited.

runewynd

I am one of these friends!

PLEASE make it available and take my money!

Stagecraft_kid

I was torn between two backs in the end. The black one is the one I settled on because it is reversible, but I love the other one too. I don't think it's a big deal to have a back that is not reversible, but I feel like it may bother me in the end. Mine will be printed with the one with the black background, but I was wondering what back to put on there when I make it available to other people. Any thoughts?
cardbacks.jpg

runewynd

Oh, see, now that is NOT fair. Those are freaking brilliant, and I can't choose.

If I HAVE to choose, I would ask for the black backs because of reversibility, but I'd also ask for a card that has the circle on it, like a double-sided gaffe card?

And maybe if you wanted to do a version of the Sakura circle on one side and a Clow circle on the other, so you could turn the card one way or another depending on which version of the cards you worked with?

... I might actually be sort of obsessing over this whole deck now. Seriously, it's brilliant please make it available for purchase I need it.

runewynd

Also- I wrote the Book of Clow (original book, not the translation of the Clow Fortune Book from Japan and Korea), and if you want to include my book as a digital download you can! I'll totally swap you in exchange for a copy of the deck!

Arimaya

even though it's not reversible, I like the stained glass feel of the more elaborate back

shery

Just wanted to say I love what you've done, and can't wait for it to be published!

Stagecraft_kid

Update

I got the deck in the mail a few days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed. The colors are pretty off from what I see on all of the electronic devices I've been using. The card backgrounds, instead of being a warm color, are more desaturated and shifted slightly toward yellow/green. There is also a lot more grey in them, and there is less contrast and variation in the colored parts of the characters. The cards are nice, and I like them, I'm just a little disappointed.

I'm including some of the photo's which show the actual colors better. I'm re-saving all of the images using the color profiles they suggested. I don't know if that will help. I wish I would have read that page on the website first. I think I'm doing it the way they want me to now, but we shall see. I now have to get the deck reprinted to see if it looks better. This will delay the release further.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Alta

Sadly I have to agree. The photos look less warm and appealing than your previous images.

blue_fusion

I like the neatness of your line art. Nice deck overall. :) And the borderless look really works for this style.

I think maybe (personally) the textures themselves are a bit too strong, and the colors too bright. This is just a suggestion, but you can maybe either desaturate the colors a bit, or light the textures a bit?

Regarding the changes in colors once printed, what I usually do is get an initial proof printed to see how different the actual print is from what's on the computer screen, and then adjust the colors to compensate for this. The second proof would then give you a better gauge (like, if you overshot with the color compensation).

Good luck on this project!

Stagecraft_kid

Re-order

I just updated the images on Gamecrafter and am hoping that I did enough to correct everything. When I convert the colors between their CMYK and RGB color profiles the colors stay the same now. When I first did it, I saw a very noticeable shift in hue, contrast and saturation, which explained the color problems. I'm nervous, and will have to wait a while for for the reprinted deck to come in. Fingers crossed.