The blossoming of the Tarot of Innocence

MissChiff

This deck reminds me of the saying. Out of the mouths of babes.

blue_fusion

They look great! You've progressed a lot in such a short span of time. I do hope you don't think of me as being condescending when I say that seeing those cards together makes me proud of you. :D

Card number 40 is really great too. It stands out from the others (and you might want to splitbthat coloring style from the deck and create a second recolored edition *evil grin*), but it's the most aesthetically pleasing of the lot.

-Ly

shadowdancer

Thank you Ly - you know how much of an influence you were in getting me started. A huge public thank you for that.

The World card caught your eye then :)

This was one I was head scratching with. (Original sketch attached). It has all the main characters who re-cur through the deck. It had the potential to look a mess if coloured incorrectly or badly.

High Priestess, Hierophant, Empress, Emperor (both represented by their eyes), Strength, Magician, Sword Pixie, Wands dude, Cups lass and the Pentacle.
So it really does show the world of Innocence in one image.

I have chosen to use this for the deck rear. Minus the rays emanating from the fire-fly jar, and minus the aura around the jar.

Attachments

• world.jpg
    world.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 131

shadowdancer

This deck reminds me of the saying. Out of the mouths of babes.

For sure. With the exception of the Fool. I went the other way with him. Turned him from a fresh faced teenager to a mid-life crisis male. :D You know the sort. The ones who buy a motorcycle, have no idea how to be safe but have fun and hope nothing goes wrong. The ones who go disco dancing, look a bit out of place but don't care. They are living life to the full.

shadowdancer

latest for this week:

Row 1: 6 pents, Judgement, 5 pents, Sun
Row 2: 6 wands, Hanged Man, King cups, 6 swords.

Okay, I know a lot of decks have one card at least where owners have a WTF! moment. I know mine will be the Hanged Man.

I have included below the text I have for that card, so hopefully it explains why the dude is not actually hanging. BUT.... he does fit the key words often associated with the card.

Creator’s interpretation:

This is the one card in the deck, where I did move away from traditional RWS imagery. I accept it may initially cause some head scratching. Yet I believe it still shows the issues of sacrifice or change of perspective. We are often afraid of change, as the idea of moving into the unknown brings about a natural sense of fear. However, we sometimes have to acknowledge that what we have achieved to date, may have to be sacrificed in some way if we are to move on, and achieve something better. As humans, we don’t like to let go of things too easily, particularly if they have sentimental value, or are things we have worked hard for. By making this sacrifice, we will also be asked to perceive how we live our lives from a different perspective. That change in perspective may prove beneficial in the long run, when we compare this new vision to how we perhaps had lived life prior to that point. Hopefully that new perspective will hold more appeal, and become the norm for us. There has to be an understanding with this process – it will take time, so any expectations of rapid change may have to be put on hold.

Image visualised by the creator:

We are seeing a character we have seen before, struggling to run up the hill. This portly winged being has realised that he needs to look after himself, and take more care of his health. His perspective of life has changed. The episode with the slide made him realise that he has been too blasé in the past, and risks some serious health problems if he is not willing to address the issue now! He has decided to give up his previous life style of excessive eating and is trying to lose a little bit of weight. As he is struggling up the hill, we can see the exertion in the colouring of his face, and the sweat on his clothing. However, he is determined to reach the top, no matter how long it takes him. This is so hard for him though! There is a wee winged child running behind him, smiling. This hill is easy for them! And yet the child is not laughing at the man. Oh no. If they wanted to, they could run on ahead but they have chosen to run with him, in order to offer encouragement and support. These winged beings do not know what it is like to have an ego or to be selfish. Flying above the man, also intent on spurring him on, is a fairy and her dragon. The runner thought he was alone in making this sacrifice, but he has found support where it was not expected. Will he continue with this difficult quest, knowing it is for the best? Time will tell on this one.

“Why not take yourself out of your comfort zone and experience a whole new world
By doing so a new beginning and perspective has the chance to unfurl
The going may appear to be tough as the challenge threatens to defeat you
Then is the time to dig deep, and accept it may take time to see it through”

1) Which of the characters do you associate with and why?
2) What are his chances of the main character being successful in his endeavours? What has caused you to come to that opinion?
3) What is supporting the main character in his quest?
4) What may be an obstacle to the main character in his quest?
5) If a sacrifice of sorts is needed in your life, where does it apply? What would be the long term implication should you go ahead with it? What would be the short term implications?
6) How will the character in the card change his perspective should he lose the weight he feels he needs to lose?
7) The card indicates this is possibly going to be something that is gradual and over time – how does that relate to your current circumstances? How do you feel about it taking time to manifest?
8) The character in the card is being supported on his quest, albeit it is a lone and personal one – is there any support around you at the moment? Does this affect how you see the potential journey ahead of you?

Also, I chose to make the 6 of swords more proactive instead of passive.

Attachments

• next at.jpg
    next at.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 142

shadowdancer

Photo for final few cards of week 5 to be posted shortly.

Here are photos of the 'book' which I have printed a copy of. Should the deck be made available, the 'book' would be emailed in either .doc form, .docx or .pdf form.

It comes in at 260 sides of typed A4. Will be ring bound tomorrow after work by a print shop.

2 pages per card.

100 pages of work book (lots of exercises for the owner) which will include:

** Using reversals, and reversals in context using example readings with the deck.

** A fun quiz to see how much you have remembered about the cards.

** Weaving a story. Example of one character given who appears regularly, with an exercise template to complete the story and weave another with a different character.

** Compare and contrast exercises.

** Getting to know the courts, with an exercise suggestion of "Wife Swap"

** Spreads

** Colour associations.

** Table of index regarding where the re-occuring characters appear through the deck.

It is quite comprehensive, and I have made a concerted effort to give due attention to all cards, not just Major Arcana

Attachments

• P1010688.jpg
    P1010688.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010690.jpg
    P1010690.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010691.jpg
    P1010691.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010692.jpg
    P1010692.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010693.jpg
    P1010693.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 143

shadowdancer

Okay final showing for the week.

5 weeks in, 52 cards + title card completed.

Bottom row shows newest cards:

Row 1: 6 wands, Hanged Man, King chalices, 6 swords.
Row 2: 6 cups, 7 cups, 8 wands, 8 swords.

8 wands was calming to do. At the time I did it, we had a fantastic orange sky due to one our regular spectacular sunsets.

Milestone reached - 2/3 of the deck done.

Some tricky ones left so wish me luck

Davina

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 132

MissChiff

Good luck on the next " tricky" cards but I'm sure you will be fine. I love the book. You have really put together a fun deck....keep on it!

Also.. Getting to know the court cards??? What's that about?

shadowdancer

Getting to know the courts.

Well, when I wrote the text for the Deirdre of Sorrows deck, I also did a fun exercise called "Queens in a cafe"

They would be chatting daily over coffee, and each day would look through a suit from the deck, whilst staying in character. Really good fun and the queens showed their traits well through the exercise.

This time round, for my deck I did a wife swap kinda exercise.

King of Swords ends up with Queen of Wands for a while, and they end up with a challenge of a game of chess. Lots of chat going on to try and unsettle the other, but in a way it is fun for us as the reader. Again we get to know their character traits.

And I ask the reader to consider writing up another wife swap story for two other courts. This idea is from the fact we do have aired in NZ the Wife Swap programs which are obviously paired to be contentious (I abhor that) but it did give the idea for the exercise.

Thanks for the thumbs up ScarletKat. It has been a labour of love, but these characters have definitely wormed their way into my heart.

shadowdancer

So far a good week. On my 5th, with a target of 8 for the entire week.

Just finished my 9 of wands, and was pleased with how it turned out. Haven't posted full sized images lately because they do look a little rough. This also does full size, but you will get to see some smaller details otherwise missed. The challenge was how to make the quartz have substance but also be transparent / clear, as quartz would often be.

He has had a hard going but is almost there. So fitting with how I see this in readings.

Attachments

• wands 9.jpg
    wands 9.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 126