The "Second Opinion" Moving-Line Spread

Barleywine

Another one to wrap your head around if you're so inclined. This is making good on my idea of creating a spread that has "moving" (as in changing) lines using the numerological counterparts of the trump cards. It's a "Majors-only" spread that compares a minimum of two alternative courses of action, with two other partial variations possible.

I've tried a couple of these and I'm not sure how well it's going to work with all trumps; the results were just a bit too "archetypal" to tie easily to a practical situation. I may have to find a way to tie in at least the court cards, which I have already associated to the various Major Arcana. If you try this out, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Moving Line Spread & Table.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 345

Barleywine

I figured out a way to add court cards and certain minor cards to the spread as "Advice" cards showing attitudes and behaviors to adopt (upright) or avoid (reversed) at each stage of development. It uses my table "Court and Minor Cards as Allies to the Major Arcana." If you don't want to use my method of assigning "allies" to the trump cards, choose one of your own or ignore the Advice cards completely.