Is it over when it seems over? Judgement

Reverie

Hello!

I am doing those online readings and I asked

" Is it really over between us? "

I got Judgement (Rider Waite)

I take this to mean that it may be my call in the end... But this is also about rebirth. I'm afraid it might be affirmative. However, at the same time it indicates a long awaited communication. What comes to mind is dying and coming back to life.

What are your thoughts?

Thirteen

I take this to mean that it may be my call in the end... But this is also about rebirth. I'm afraid it might be affirmative. However, at the same time it indicates a long awaited communication. What comes to mind is dying and coming back to life.

What are your thoughts?
I think you asked a yes/no question which is never a good thing to ask of the cards ;) And as is typical when you do ask a yes/no question, you got an answer that was not yes/no. Tarot cards like to talk, like to discuss, and like to leave the decision up to you. Which means that you're probably right, and what they actually said was: "It's up to you whether or not it's really over. But letting go is going to be more profitable to you and all involved than hanging on."

Judgement isn't about rebirth per se. It's about letting go, thus allowing for rebirth. It may be really hard to let go, and you may not want to do it. But what you have to ask is what will be best in the long run for the two of you? The card says that hanging on will be like holding onto your earthly body instead of ascending to heaven. You may not know what will come after you let go, but holding on to what you do know, just because you know it, keeps you imprisoned in the same place forever rather than developing and ascending. You have to use your best judgement in this, and make a good judgement call on what will serve not just you, but the other person. And probably, if you do that, you'll realize for yourself, and decide for yourself, that it's best for it to be over. Not just a little over, but really and completely over.

Does that help?

Ruby Jewel

Forgetting

Judgement is about resuscitating a memory. It is the magical operation, divine and human at the same time - in which divine love and human love overcome forgetfulness, sleep and death. For love never forgets; it is always vigilant and it is stronger than death.

I would say this is not over yet unless one or both of you choose it.

moon_light

I think you asked a yes/no question which is never a good thing to ask of the cards ;) And as is typical when you do ask a yes/no question, you got an answer that was not yes/no. Tarot cards like to talk, like to discuss, and like to leave the decision up to you. Which means that you're probably right, and what they actually said was: "It's up to you whether or not it's really over. But letting go is going to be more profitable to you and all involved than hanging on."

Judgement isn't about rebirth per se. It's about letting go, thus allowing for rebirth. It may be really hard to let go, and you may not want to do it. But what you have to ask is what will be best in the long run for the two of you? The card says that hanging on will be like holding onto your earthly body instead of ascending to heaven. You may not know what will come after you let go, but holding on to what you do know, just because you know it, keeps you imprisoned in the same place forever rather than developing and ascending. You have to use your best judgement in this, and make a good judgement call on what will serve not just you, but the other person. And probably, if you do that, you'll realize for yourself, and decide for yourself, that it's best for it to be over. Not just a little over, but really and completely over.

Does that help?

Thirteen, I always love reading your posts. I just wanted to say that. :)

Reverie

Thank you for the feedback, Thirteen!
Yes, I know not to ask Y/N Q's, however I was struck because for once the computer program gave me a right side up card when before then I kept getting reversed cards for the situation!

I may not have the choice in the matter afterall because he is fully ignoring me, and I do not know whether it is something I said or whether it is because as he said he would be busy with a project for over a month. In any case, I am very upset he disappeared. I know letting go is probably best, but I don't know how to do that at this point. I really convinced myself we would be together.

Does that help?

I don't think I can realistically tell myself it's completely over after how much I like him, almost I would say fell in love with him at first sight. Maybe in a few weeks, I will feel differently. I hope I will, if it's his call not to talk to me again (and I don't understand why). I wouldn't say ending it is necessarily better for him, we have a lot of potential together, however there is one reason I can see that logically/rationally it makes more sense for it to end. However, I would hope love and passion would drive his behavior, as opposed to commitments.

Definitely helpful, thank you!

Reverie

Judgement is about resuscitating a memory. It is the magical operation, divine and human at the same time - in which divine love and human love overcome forgetfulness, sleep and death. For love never forgets; it is always vigilant and it is stronger than death.

I would say this is not over yet unless one or both of you choose it.

I like your take. The memories are what is driving me crazy! The memories of the times spent together in his arms, it's so near, I want to live it again! I want to feel his presence again.

Thirteen

but I don't know how to do that at this point.
Why don't you ask the cards that question? :confused:
However, I would hope love and passion would drive his behavior, as opposed to commitments.
Are you sure he isn't being driven by love and passion? Consider that he could hardly be ignoring you so strongly if he wasn't being driven by some great passion. It could be that love and passion are driving him away from you, because you somehow violate what he loves more and is more passionate about than you.

That is the problem with passions and love. They are very strong in the "now," and drive us often to do thoughtless things that we later regret.

Reverie

Are you sure he isn't being driven by love and passion? Consider that he could hardly be ignoring you so strongly if he wasn't being driven by some great passion. It could be that love and passion are driving him away from you, because you somehow violate what he loves more and is more passionate about than you.

That is the problem with passions and love. They are very strong in the "now," and drive us often to do thoughtless things that we later regret.

Thank you, it's somehow reassuring to hear this.

It takes the reason for him so strongly ignoring me away from me and onto something else - so I don't have to blame myself.

He has a strong past with another woman and a baby. They're both abroad, but I know he misses the baby very much, and most likely her too.

I guess I felt like too much of a "threat" to him- and he would rather live in some sort of fantasy or hope. It still isn't rational to ignore me after the closeness we shared, but I respect his wish... I just can't help to question it and hope.

MissNine

I tend to agree with the others on not asking yes/no questions.

Judgement is a resurrection of a situation BUT if you're looking for confirmation that a person is returning, I would recommend you ask a question about how the situation will progress. If Judgment comes up, pay attention to what comes after it and you'll see if there's a reconciliation or return of the person, or if it's just that you hear about them and nothing necessarily changes between you. Hearing about the person via a friend can cause a Judgement situation.

Thank you, it's somehow reassuring to hear this.

It takes the reason for him so strongly ignoring me away from me and onto something else - so I don't have to blame myself.

He has a strong past with another woman and a baby. They're both abroad, but I know he misses the baby very much, and most likely her too.

I guess I felt like too much of a "threat" to him- and he would rather live in some sort of fantasy or hope. It still isn't rational to ignore me after the closeness we shared, but I respect his wish... I just can't help to question it and hope.