Legacy of the Divine - Strengths & Weaknesses?

NatKat

I have been using Legacy of the Divine for about 9 months now and feel I am finally getting to know this deck deeper than my initial "must have" attraction for it :)

I have found LotD to be a bit fickle for mundane questions. It will give a good answer the first time ... but then follow-up spreads may be totally unreliable. As if the deck is saying I told you everything you need to know - now let's move on!

So far its greatest strength for me is in Health, Medical, and emotional readings. For some reason, its imagery seems very suited toward health readings and communicating about emotional states. I need to do some more romance reads to really test this theory ... but it has become my "go to" deck for health spreads.

Strangely, I have not used LotD for my own personal manifestation spreads. Although it is eye candy beautiful ... the symbolism is not quite deep enough for me to use it this way. I find I stay with my tried & true RWS or Thoth decks for personal manifestation spreads.

So what about YOU Legacy fans out there in Cyberlandia?
What do YOU find to be the strengths and weaknesses of Legacy of the Divine deck?

cherryberry

it is my go to deck since years, I just love it, I never tire of it because the symbolism really speaks to me and I keep discovering new things it just speaks volumes with my intuition. Just today I was drawn to the belly of the woman in the 8 swords and it looked pregnant to me - which made heaps of sense in the reading I did then.
I keep discovering new details every now and then and how the cards link in different spreads. For me its pretty accurate and clear in any type of reading I am doing. I don't do that many mundane question so I cant comment on the accuracy. I feel it is a deck that is not doing very well in repetitive readings but it still is giving me relevant answers which I am always surprised on how it does it, because not the same cards come up but the overall message gets reinforced. So I can ask it similar questions and still get reliable answers, sometimes I am 'off' but I feel it immediately and just leave the reading to another deck. I read the cards like stories and the LoD lends itself fantastically for it. I just love so many of the cards, recently the Temperance card is superb for me, the fact that the angel is falling/floating, we cant see her face well, the colours, the way the light falls into the room - for me I just connect with it, it speaks to me generally for all readings, - all these details in the cards. I find particularly the court cards brilliant, some of the figures look so directly back at you that I almost hear them talking to me :D
I have every now and then tried to find or use a different deck, but I feel like I am cheating on my LoD and I just miss it and read with it again. No other deck, for me personally, measures up to it. That's just for me though :)

I :heart: the Legacy of the Divine :)

ana luisa

I'm with cherryberry. The Legacy is not only visually stunning but also says it the way it is. To me, the ONLY weakness of it has to do with stock. HATE the flimsy paper, the ink coming after shuffling. For a deck that is going to be VERY used, this is a serious drawback. Especially because the first color to go is the black around the pictures....

NatKat

I'm with cherryberry. The Legacy is not only visually stunning but also says it the way it is. To me, the ONLY weakness of it has to do with stock. HATE the flimsy paper, the ink coming after shuffling. For a deck that is going to be VERY used, this is a serious drawback. Especially because the first color to go is the black around the pictures....

Yep. I pretty much assume I will buy a replacement deck in a year or so when my first is totally "worn-out".