Two of Cups as an Action

Desert Girl

I've pulled 2 of Cups several times as an action someone will take toward another (romantic). I took this to mean there would be some sort of a coming together or union, but it has never seemed to work out that way. In fact, what I mostly saw in the past was no action. I pulled it again for myself and my ex this morning as an action he will take toward me in the near future. Since I've had problems interpreting this particular card for an action, I pulled a clarifier and got Knight of Cups, which just seemed to echo my original interpretation of a union, reunion or proposition from the other person. But since I've apparently incorrectly interpreted the 2 of Cups a lot, I'm wondering what others think about this card and the combo as an action?

Strenght

Show your feelings. Don't hold back. Don't rationalize, don't analyze, just show your feelings and try to make contact in a romantic honest yet flirtatious way.

Grizabella

The 2 of Cups in the RWS and some other decks shows the healing symbol of the caduceus above and between the couple.

I don't do clarifying cards but sometimes I pull an extra card for more information,so that's how I'll interpret these. My interpretation is that he'll make overtures toward healing up any rifts or dysfunction between the two of you (2 of Cups) but his gestures toward that might seem immature to you and you may not initially recognize his efforts toward a healthier relationship. (Knight of Cups).

Prilica

I've pulled 2 of Cups several times as an action someone will take toward another (romantic). I took this to mean there would be some sort of a coming together or union, but it has never seemed to work out that way. In fact, what I mostly saw in the past was no action. I pulled it again for myself and my ex this morning as an action he will take toward me in the near future. Since I've had problems interpreting this particular card for an action, I pulled a clarifier and got Knight of Cups, which just seemed to echo my original interpretation of a union, reunion or proposition from the other person. But since I've apparently incorrectly interpreted the 2 of Cups a lot, I'm wondering what others think about this card and the combo as an action?
Do you use reversals? Sometimes reversals can give us a different approach. I would have thought like you, that this person would approach. But if the cars was reversed I would doubt about it.

Usually readings don't make sense when we are in a bad mood, stressed out or not calm while performing the reading. Sometimes you just project what you would like to happen and the readings lacks objectivity.

Aset

I mostly read with the Thoth deck so my perspective is slightly different than if you are reading with a RW deck, but I tend to see 2s as an idea not yet realized. In this context, I would see the 2 as representing that person consciously recognizing their love for another. For example, the Ace would be feeling pure emotion, the 2 that feeling has moved into the consciousness, and 3 is where it would move into some physical expression. So I would see this as a non-action, but he is thinking about it.

With the knight, I would say that he's not fully "there" yet (not the King); there's more processing to be done.

Desert Girl

The 2 of Cups in the RWS and some other decks shows the healing symbol of the caduceus above and between the couple.

I don't do clarifying cards but sometimes I pull an extra card for more information,so that's how I'll interpret these. My interpretation is that he'll make overtures toward healing up any rifts or dysfunction between the two of you (2 of Cups) but his gestures toward that might seem immature to you and you may not initially recognize his efforts toward a healthier relationship. (Knight of Cups).

I had forgotten about that aspect of the 2 of Cups, and seems like it could be very applicable to the situation. I also hadn't considered the more immature aspects of the Knight of Cups. I was thinking about how romantic and dreamy he was offering that cup...lol. This interpretation makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you!

Desert Girl

Do you use reversals? Sometimes reversals can give us a different approach. I would have thought like you, that this person would approach. But if the cars was reversed I would doubt about it.

Usually readings don't make sense when we are in a bad mood, stressed out or not calm while performing the reading. Sometimes you just project what you would like to happen and the readings lacks objectivity.

I don't use reversals. I do think I project my desires from time to time to be sure because I read for myself often. However, I've been keeping a journal and the cards have been spot on a lot. I haven't had success interpreting the 2 of Cups for some reason lately though.

Desert Girl

I mostly read with the Thoth deck so my perspective is slightly different than if you are reading with a RW deck, but I tend to see 2s as an idea not yet realized. In this context, I would see the 2 as representing that person consciously recognizing their love for another. For example, the Ace would be feeling pure emotion, the 2 that feeling has moved into the consciousness, and 3 is where it would move into some physical expression. So I would see this as a non-action, but he is thinking about it.

With the knight, I would say that he's not fully "there" yet (not the King); there's more processing to be done.

I am using RW, but this still makes a lot of sense to me and I had wondered if that's what the 2 of Cups had meant for me in the past too. Nothing really materialized at the time, but much later some information about the other's feelings came to light. And I do have a very strong suspicion that he's thinking about it. :)

Desert Girl

Show your feelings. Don't hold back. Don't rationalize, don't analyze, just show your feelings and try to make contact in a romantic honest yet flirtatious way.

I love this interpretation. If we all could function this way, it seems love would be a lot easier.