Sacred Circle Study - Have you noticed ... ?

CreativeFire

Was just sitting looking through all the cards of the Sacred Circle deck and started to notice that some of the background landscapes where the same in some cards.

Wondered if this means something, like is there a connection between those cards because they have the same place in the background. Or is it just a coincidence that the designer of the deck has used the same photograph for a back drop.

Have listed below the cards that look like they have the same place in them.

Sacrifice (12); Death (13); 2 of Cups (Harmony) and 3 of Cups (Resolution).

The Web (11); 9 of Swords (Suffering) and Knight of Swords (Change) - same tree

9 of Cups (Stability) and Queen of Cups (Intuition)

4 of Cups (Discontent); 4 of Discs (Materialism); 6 of Swords (Solace)

3 of Wands (Foundation); Ace of Cups (Spirituality) and 10 of Cups (Reward)

High Priestess (2); Ace of Discs (Abundance) and 2 of Swords (Opposition)

7 of Cups (Delusion) and 5 of Discs (Restriction)

The Druid (5) and King of Wands (Fire)

The Tower (15) and 6 of Cups (Nostalgia) - with this one it makes me think that the 6 of Cups (Nostalgia) might be remembering or looking back at the time before the Tower incident.

Had a very quick look in the book on a couple of the cards and could not see anything referring to the same image - although running late for work now so will have a better look later. :)

Has anyone else noticed this or any others?

CreativeFire

paradoxx

The placements do seem purposful. And rightly so, your itnerpreation of "time before the tower" feels right.

Phoenyx*

I noticed today while going through the Swords suit, that the only red-jewel hilted swords are on the Ace and Four....hmmmm....

starsongs

CreativeFire said:
Was just sitting looking through all the cards of the Sacred Circle deck and started to notice that some of the background landscapes where the same in some cards.

Wondered if this means something, like is there a connection between those cards because they have the same place in the background. Or is it just a coincidence that the designer of the deck has used the same photograph for a back drop.

Creative Fire,

I had noticed vaguely and didn't try to identify if there was a pattern to it. Thanks so much for posting what you found! I'm going to look more carefully...very interesting!

:D
starsongs

bluecaffeine

same background

Some "events" happened at the same place, just in another season, but as in real life you sometimes have to go back, not always forward. Or you go forward, but your background is the same. I.e. you can walk away from your familiy. But your mother will always be your mother, no matter if you have contact or not - even if she is dead. She is part of your personal history. In real life you go back to some places, too and the seasons come back, too.

merissa_88

This is a fantastic thread! Thanks for pointing this stuff out. Now I have to start keeping a journal of this.

Some of the repeating backgrounds represent a time of year like Stonehenge at the winter solstice (Druid) or at the summer solstice (King of Wands).
It's like a mystical power verses worldly power thing.

Maybe the Queen of Cups and the Nine of Cups have the same polarity as they both have Glastonbury Tor in the background? Or it's just more of the King Arthur association with the sites in the cups cards.

It's funny how the Rollright Stones are associated with greed or illusion (Seven of Cups/Delusion, Five of Discs/Restriction).

Although this is in the foreground, it really looks like they deliberately use the same model for The Lady and the Queen of Discs.

Sagepowder

How clever. I love when someone makes a discovery like this. I have also been looking through the deck at the Ace of Discs (Abundance), The High Priestess and the 2 of Swords (Opposition). Does The Star have the same stone circle but from a slightly different angle?

merissa_88

Sagepowder said:
How clever. I love when someone makes a discovery like this... Does The Star have the same stone circle but from a slightly different angle?

Hi Sagepowder,

This is the Drombeg Stone Circle from a different angle. Does it look a little like the one in The Star? It's hard to tell.
http://www.planetware.com/picture/clonakilty-drombeg-stone-circle-irl-irl270.htm

I'm also interested in cards with similar types of ancient monuments. The 10 of Wands and The Moon both have long barrows in the picture. Part of their meaning is about letting go of something.