TOADies Anonymous.

Ruby Jewel

I knew it. The minute I try to stop it only intensifies my addiction. I went straight to Ebay and bid on another deck. Oh woe is me.

....and now another one. Why did I ever try to stop...HELP ME...please...

Booklioness

Are you the one that outbid me? ;)

banbha

I can't go cold turkey, I just can't; I've only bought 4 decks in 2017.

1. Our Tarot.
2. Barbara Walker in a Tin.
3. The Brady Tarot
4. The Tarot of the Crone, 3rd ed.

Maybe by the end the year I could work it out to one deck a month? It's a goal, right? Seems reasonable. Not addictive or obsessive at all. :p

DDwarks

I can't go cold turkey, I just can't; I've only bought 4 decks in 2017.

1. Our Tarot.
2. Barbara Walker in a Tin.
3. The Brady Tarot
4. The Tarot of the Crone, 3rd ed.

Maybe by the end the year I could work it out to one deck a month? It's a goal, right? Seems reasonable. Not addictive or obsessive at all. :p

No enabling on here please Banbha .....It's hard enough as it is lol ;)

CharlotteK

I just picked up a vintage RWS, pre-copright with claimed 'blushing fool' (yes well, we'll see!) and a vintage Thoth with 3 Magus cards. Not exactly cheap bur couldn't pass up. Definitely time to visit the trading forum and try to sell some decks and oracles I don't use to appease the bank balance!

MadeiraDarling

I just bought the Londa tarot, god help me, and I'm lusting after the Tyldwick

euripides

I'm glad this isn't a sobriety group, I'd have gone back on the bottle by now :)

I have a recent acquisition [title deleted] gifted me by Holly Doll. So that has lifted my spirits.

So I have an idea to try, for those who are serious about non-purchasing. It's a variation of the 'turn the coathanger around' closet-clearing test.

Take all your decks out of their usual storage and put them in a box. When you use a deck (and actually *use* it), you can put it back in its usual place.

Continue to use that deck for a week before replacing it and using the next deck.

or

Each time you actually use a deck, you may put it back in its usual place. You can then use that deck again, or select one of your others as needed. At the end of the month, look at the decks you haven't used - why haven't they been selected for use? Can you spend some time with them?

Any other ideas for exploring your existing decks?

banbha

Gah! I just ordered an expensive oracle.