Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

rachelcat

Wizards

Could do with some de-enabling on the Wizards' Tarot, I'm really intrigued by the theme (big Potter/Worst Witch/magic boarding school stories fan) and the book looks awesome, but it's kinda expensive with the book and I am trying to declutter, and have already bought a couple of (bargainous) decks this month (housewives for me/zombie for my kid).
But if you get it, definitely get the book. It's set up as a series of lessons, very clever, and a good springboard for studying esoteric things beyond tarot (if that's your thing).

MaeWasteland

But if you get it, definitely get the book. It's set up as a series of lessons, very clever, and a good springboard for studying esoteric things beyond tarot (if that's your thing).

Yeah, I really like the format, and how (can't remember if only for the majors) it goes through all the different bits of symbolism in the images, I think I'd find that very useful, I've never been great at picking up on details in pictures generally (so tarot is quite the learning curve!)

Nemia

I think the Tarot of the Sephiroth serves the same purpose but is more user friendly.

Oh yes! Now I want it, too. But it seems to be OOP.

Actually, I'd love to have both...

ldiddy

Anyone want to enable or de-enable on the Sakki Sakki? My b-day is next week and it looks like it could be a lovely gift from myself to myself ;)

FLizarraga

I think the Tarot of the Sephiroth serves the same purpose but is more user friendly.

I do have this one, and it is a more legible deck, but it is not as rich in symbols and correspondences. In an ideal world, one would have both, and I think they would be the perfect companions for study.

RiverRunsDeep

Anyone want to enable or de-enable on the Sakki Sakki? My b-day is next week and it looks like it could be a lovely gift from myself to myself ;)

I think you might like Sakki Sakki. :) The colors remind me of Spring and Summer, it is creatively packaged, the size is easy to shuffle, and the card stock is semi-matte. It is capable of delivering serious and straightforward messages, yet the "vibe" of this deck feels friendly and lighthearted to me.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is all of the headless people in the minor arcana. The artist says the purpose of that is to give the reader an opportunity to assign whichever gender and ethnicity they wish to the figures in the cards. I find it a little distracting, but not distracting enough to not use the deck.

I think you should go for it! :thumbsup:

feynrir

You want it. Trust me :)

I just came across my own today and re-fell in love with it all over again. I love the headless people. I love the diverse, wacky expressions and figures. I also even love the extra card, "The Artist." The colors are gorgeous, the size and stock are to die for. YOU WANT IT! :D

Also I think only 3000 decks have been made and it's been out for a while. I certainly rue the day this gem goes OOP. There's nothing that feels quite like it; it's unique in vibe but so effortless to read.

rylla

Sakki Sakki

You might want to check out the Circo tarot (on Kickstarter right now) before you decide. Circo reminds me (and I've heard the same from other people too) of Sakki. I prefer Circo over Sakki. Of course it's just a personal preference.

MaeWasteland

Well, I successfully haven't (yet) bought the Wizards Tarot, but I may have inadvertently slipped and bought a copy of the Green Witch Tarot instead. Oops. I know it's often seen as a bit 'fluffy', but I kind of think that would be a good thing for me to have on hand, as I do tend to be prone to dwelling on the negative side of things - for the most part I don't see this as A Bad Thing (I get very irritated by e.g. self help books that say 'surround yourself with Positive People, cut off Negative People' because IME 'negative people' tends to = 'anyone who has had some hard times and doesn't sugar coat that' and often anyone who's disabled - like me - and - like me - doesn't pretend that it's all some wonderful learning experience but is, in fact, pretty bloody miserable a lot of the time) but sometimes I think it might be helpful to have a deck I can go to which will emphasise the less gloomy aspects of the outlook, if that makes any sense?

(Sorry for the heinous run-on sentence...)

Le Fanu

For me, fabulous in every sense except the artwork. Too Krazy and all over the place. But if you like the artwork, get it - because the production, cardstock, size and everything is perfect.

I 've tried but really can't get into the artwork. I bought it because I know it's a limited edition and I'd heard good things about it here. The overall opinion here is that people love it!