Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

tarot spreads book

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Well, I didn't want to write it before.... but if YOU ever publish a book about your spreads (and especially the way you conceive and develop them), then I'll buy it for sure!

Obviously, a wonderful source for spreads is here on AT, and it can't get better, more complex and thought-provoking than with Barleywine's spreads.

I have an extra sub-notebook for Barleywine in my Evernote tarot notebook.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
Well, I didn't want to write it before.... but if YOU ever publish a book about your spreads (and especially the way you conceive and develop them), then I'll buy it for sure!

Obviously, a wonderful source for spreads is here on AT, and it can't get better, more complex and thought-provoking than with Barleywine's spreads.

I have an extra sub-notebook for Barleywine in my Evernote tarot notebook.
Thanks! I'm honored, since I value your opinion highly. I have to rethink the presentation on my book since I originally aimed at including only variations on the "cross-type" spread, but the population of other types has exploded. Right now I have to decide whether to go with pdf delivery and payment via PayPal, or a print-on-demand publisher like Lulu. I was going to do it myself as a spiral-bound workbook that can be laid out flat, but it's a fairly hefty commitment.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Oraculist

Shade 
Oraculist

What is particularly wonderful about Moore's book is that it isn't just a collection of spreads, it's mainly a book on spread theory. She talks about the way we process information visually and the reason some spreads are particularly successful and others are not. She also talks about the relationship between your beliefs and the layouts you use.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Thanks! I'm honored, since I value your opinion highly. I have to rethink the presentation on my book since I originally aimed at including only variations on the "cross-type" spread, but the population of other types has exploded. Right now I have to decide whether to go with pdf delivery and payment via PayPal, or a print-on-demand publisher like Lulu. I was going to do it myself as a spiral-bound workbook that can be laid out flat, but it's a fairly hefty commitment.
NOOOOOT Lulu. Createspace, if you must, but please not Lulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
What is particularly wonderful about Moore's book is that it isn't just a collection of spreads, it's mainly a book on spread theory. She talks about the way we process information visually and teh reason some spreads are particularly successful and others are not. She also talks about the relationship between your beliefs and the layouts you use.
Exactly. In my not at all humble opinion, it's a must-read. And I don't DO spreads, but it still is.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Senior Citizen

Astraea 
Senior Citizen

Joan Bunting's Learning Tarot Spreads is my favorite.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Citizen

silvereye 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
NOOOOOT Lulu. Createspace, if you must, but please not Lulu.

Exactly. In my not at all humble opinion, it's a must-read. And I don't DO spreads, but it still is.
Yes as i was worried that the layout of the kindle version would be all wonkers
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

You can download the sample first. I can see the spread diagrams perfectly fine.

I also have Wen's tome on my Kindle. If I want to study the diagrams and tables more in-depth, I simply open them on my laptop, but they're fine also on the Kindle.

And Moore's spread diagrams are clear and simple. The text is organized very well, you always know on which level of a spread explanation you are.

And Barleywine: whatever you decide, just let me know where I can find your book and I'll buy it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

_R_ 
Citizen

Concerning the self-publishing services offered by both Amazon (Createspace) and Lulu, having books by both, I can only comment as a reader as opposed to publisher, but in my experience those by Createspace (and Amazon's e-book service) are much better in quality than those produced by Lulu.

Again, one would want to look into the support offered in typesetting and so on, as well as financial remuneration modalities. No doubt there are blogs and webpages dedicated to comparing these various services.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

There's also the fact that lulu can go horribly wrong and they are TOTALLY unhelpful when that happens.

I bought JMD's tome there. It wasn't very cheap. It would not download. I contacted lulu many times and they never answered. I only got it at all by asking jmd to help me - I was about ready to open a paypal dispute - but that is really tricky with a failed download. That is SO not OK.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
There's also the fact that lulu can go horribly wrong and they are TOTALLY unhelpful when that happens.

I bought JMD's tome there. It wasn't very cheap. It would not download. I contacted lulu many times and they never answered. I only got it at all by asking jmd to help me - I was about ready to open a paypal dispute - but that is really tricky with a failed download. That is SO not OK.
This is interesting since I also bought JMD's material as a pdf from Lulu and had no problem whatsoever (except that they keep pestering me with e-mail offers for their services).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.