Card 29 - Ta'Om the Poet

Jewel

I was playing around in the Farie Party thread and in picking a card for Faerylvr I got Ta'Om and had some new information on him come to me. I went looking for the thread on him and found we did not have one so I thought I would open one up so we can talk about him.

I have always found Ta'Om to be quite introspective, and romantic. His inspiration comes from nature and from love. When I get him as a daily companion he is usually quiet, but I feel comfort and peace. Serene might even be a good way to describe how my days go when he visits me.

What I had never realized about him before, and probably because he is in charcoal not color, is that he has the same form as Losgunna! He has frog legs ... that goes to his anphibious characteristics ... land and water. Emotions and real world. So his inspiration is based on the mundane, but seen with a depth of emotion that highlights its beauty and results in poetry.

What are your thoughts, experiences, and/or observations about Ta'Om?

faerylvr

I would agree. When he is with me I find him to be quiet and yet I always feel as though nothing can disturb the space around me. I also find that I want to be outdoors more and spend more time by myself. I am a poet anyways but when Ta'Om is with me I find that I have even more poetic look on all of life and not just that which I want to write about.

I haven't looked at the card... I will dig it out at lunch today, but it makes sense to me, with such an introspective fae, that he would have to be tied to both land and water. With the secrets of the deep well beneath the surface (both physical and metaphorical) he would need to be able to get below the "surface" to what lies below.

Kahlie

Well, Ta'Om is very mutable with me, maybe that is because he has such a strong water/emotional tie. Sometimes he's there for me to send some inspiration my way and I love to have him around and toss ideas of off him.

Sometimes he's there to make me realize I've been a bit of a sad woman, sitting around, with my arms crossed, doing nothing but sulk. He has that sulky stance a bit, protecting his chest... then he tells me it's ok to feel sorry for myself or chastises me to go out there.

Sometimes he just tells me to sit.. the rest will come.

This is one of the cards (besides the singers) who have very little background going on, you just see some trees, and no other Fae.

That makes me think that Ta'Om is a bit of a loner... :) The introspective type, once he's ready to share, he'd come out of his shell, but not before...

Kahlie

sunflowr

I did a one card reading where I asked what they have to say about a certain person and I. Someone I hope to get to know better someday. I got Ta'Om. How would he fit in to a relationship question? Sounds like I'll write with this person, laugh with them, a possible romance maybe? ;) Sounds like a good time! Or is he saying this person will open up to me more at some point but not yet? (like another poster said.. Ta'Om is rather introspective..

elvenstar

Maybe the person will lead you on a merry chase with a happy ending? :D He can be a trickster, I think.

Jewel

sunflowr said:
I did a one card reading where I asked what they have to say about a certain person and I. Someone I hope to get to know better someday. I got Ta'Om. How would he fit in to a relationship question? Sounds like I'll write with this person, laugh with them, a possible romance maybe? ;) Sounds like a good time! Or is he saying this person will open up to me more at some point but not yet? (like another poster said.. Ta'Om is rather introspective.
What exactly was your question? that might help give us some context so that we can share what we think he might have meant :D

qwaychou

Let's see...
I see him crossing his arms, hugging himself, the skin on his froggy thighs, side and back are peeling, he's changing, molting his old self. He is quietly contemplating his life changes. He curls himself into a protective huddle, yet his face is serene and accepting