The Lighthouse Spread (Imbolc) (7)

Glass Owl

Source
I discovered this spread here, posted by TaliTarot.

Important Notes
TaliTarot states that this spread is intended to be used with an Oracle deck and it allows us the opportunity to "...see how to read positive oracle cards in negative positions, and negative cards when they appear in a positive position." As Tarot spreads can be usually be used with oracle cards, I believe that this spread could be used with either Tarot or Oracle cards, it just depends on what you prefer.

In addition, TaliTarot states that this spread is supposed to used as an "one-off spread to be used only on Imbolc." However, after reviewing the spread, I personally don't see why this spread couldn't be used at another time - that choice is up to you.

Changes By Me
Please note that I have edited/revised the wording and set up of this spread for my clarity. Furthermore, the layout provided by the author doesn't appear to match the description provided so I have attempted to correct this. Please view the original if you wish to see it before I made my revisions.

---------------------------------------------

Shuffle your deck and consider your past and future. How has it been, where do you want to go?
Then pick out 7 cards and layout the spread as below, as a lighthouse with two beams of light coming from it:

-----------1-----------
------------------------
2-3-4-----------5-6-7

~or it is suggested that you can lay them out in columns~

----1----
2-------5
3-------6
4-------7

Regardless of which layout you prefer:
- The cards on the left (2, 3, and 4) are indicative of what you should steer away from.
- The cards on the right (5, 6 and 7) is what you should steer towards.

1. The Lighthouse/Beacon
Its power crowns the spread.

Image the light from the lighthouse splitting into two, radiating its energy left and right. The cards on the left (2, 3, 4) are signposts. They give you at least three levels of warning before making bad decisions, or three levels of “warmer – hotter – found it!” on the positive side of the reading. You can read them together, or break the positions into the following context:

2. The Tip Of The Iceberg: This card shows what will show up first when you are going the wrong way in the future, based on the mistakes of the past.
3. The Shallow Reefs: This card shows what will start to happen if you miss or ignore that warning. You know what this card means, as it as probably happened before.
4. The Sirens: This card shows the final last-chance warning you will receive before committing a bad mistake in the future. Ignore it at your peril.

Now on the more positive side, we have three cards on the right. They represent the signs we can follow in our future that will guide us to our safest dock, our home, and create destiny from our fate:

5. The Coastline: This is the card that tells you what to look out for, even if it appears not to be important, as part of your souls quest of return.
6. The Harbour: This tells us what you should expect to see in your life if you are heading the right direction.
7. The Dock: This final card indicates the nature of our destiny, and suggests what will be happening when we are closest to our own true path.

Hemera

Thank you for posting this spread Glass Owl! I was just looking for something to use with my Undersea Tarot and looks like here it is.