New Rumi Oracle

Citrin

Does anyone have this deck yet? :) How are you liking it? Does it read well? Is the guidebook any good?

I have two other Fairchild decks and I'm questioning if I really need one more, I get the feeling they're all quite similar...?

The Happy Squirrel

Does anyone have this deck yet? :) How are you liking it? Does it read well? Is the guidebook any good?

I have two other Fairchild decks and I'm questioning if I really need one more, I get the feeling they're all quite similar...?

From what I heard, it is very much Alana Fairchild. Perhaps to some, especially those who knows Rumi's work well, not enough Rumi. Others still said that it is "Rumi inspired" rather than Rumi. But these are all second hand info. I only have two of her decks and have decided that she is not for me. So I am biased as well.

Madrigal

I have it and am underwhelmed. I can't quite put my finger on why. The art work is lovely, the guidebook is expansive but I'm left wanting. Perhaps it's that Rumi has been a familiar figure in my life and my work for the past two decades. There is no sourcing of the quotes and poems, where in the Mathnawi or elsewhere they came from. And there isn't a lot of continuity in the naming of the cards. It all seems a bit random...in a quite beautifully packaged way.

The Happy Squirrel

I have it and am underwhelmed. I can't quite put my finger on why. The art work is lovely, the guidebook is expansive but I'm left wanting. Perhaps it's that Rumi has been a familiar figure in my life and my work for the past two decades. There is no sourcing of the quotes and poems, where in the Mathnawi or elsewhere they came from. And there isn't a lot of continuity in the naming of the cards. It all seems a bit random...in a quite beautifully packaged way.

This is how I felt with my Mother Mary oracle. And like you with Rumi, I had a pre-existing relationship with Mother Mary. I suspect a lot of Alana Fairchild's decks are very much Alana Fairchild, rather than whatever the title of her decks might be. But that is just my personal opinion. I suspect you have to be a fan of her work to obtain the fullest potential of her decks.

Miss Divine

I received mine several days ago and so far I love it. I've done several readings with it and read most of the book already and for me it's a keeper. I like it better than the Sacred Rebels which is a surprise. I own several of her other decks and yes they are very Alana Fairchild, but it's not like you're receiving the same deck each time.

Citrin

Thanks for sharing, everyone. :) I've decided to order it, wasn't too expensive and I must admit I am a sucker for Alana's decks and guidebooks!

Miss Divine

Thanks for sharing, everyone. :) I've decided to order it, wasn't too expensive and I must admit I am a sucker for Alana's decks and guidebooks!

Good for you! :) Please share your thoughts when you receive it.

Syeraph

I have this deck. It's pretty amazing, very in depth so I usually use it for mediation purposes rather than answers. It's very...wordy

Dee Ell

I'm curious if there are any black and white cards in this deck like in his Journey of Love oracle, or are they all color? And how people are finding it after having it a while now?

Citrin

I'm curious if there are any black and white cards in this deck like in his Journey of Love oracle, or are they all color? And how people are finding it after having it a while now?

No I don't recall any of those. But check it out on YouTube, I'm sure someone has made a full deck flip-through. :)

I love this deck so much more after working with it! It has a lot of depth, and really speaks to my intuition and soul. I think the guidebook is a bit repetitive and wordy, but the cards themselves, just sitting with one or three and letting them speak to you - amazing! I wasn't too impressed at first, but it grew on me, and for me I must say it works better without reading too much of the guidebook. I also don't pay too much attention to the card titles. :)