OMG a playing card deck that actually does tarot for me! -gasp-

Akatala

Since the ever popular decks of poker cards were spawned from tarot and have been used by many to do tarot spreads, I've been trying my hand lately at learning how to do that myself. Unfortunately, all of the decks I've tried to do this with have simply not cooperated with me at all.

Then, last night, on a whim, I pulled out the Inuyasha playing card deck I'd gotten for Christmas last year but barely touch cause I'm OCD and trying to keep the card backs going the same direction drives me crazy. lol

Anyway, so I used the deck to pull both a 3-card basic past-present-future spread AND my 7-card Lunar Pentacle spread of elements. It took me a while to decide whether the Jacks wanted to represent Pages or Knights, but in the end, the Jack picked the Page. (I suppose Miroku can be a little gossiper too. lol) Once I got that little bump straightened out, the cards read just fine for me. Even when talking of the future.

It irritates me that I still can't read with an ordinary deck. But reading with an Inuyasha deck is really fun. The characters themselves can influence the meanings and make the deck unique. It's just a matter of using it enough to become fluent with the cards.

Anyone else had interesting results with playing card decks?

Phoenix Rising

HI there, you will find there are a few of us..a small few!! that only read playing cards..I'm one of them..and I find it easier, and more accurate than tarot. There's no trying to figure out the symbolism on them, like tarot.
And playing cards weren't spawned from tarot..it was most likely the other way around. They are 2 different entities in their own right.

There are quite a few threads on playing cards now..so take a look in Oracle deck sub-forum.

The 2 main methods used for the PC's are
Hedgewytchery and Personal Prophecy...although Joermit has his own method, which he made for himself.

Akatala

Phoenix Rising said:
And playing cards weren't spawned from tarot..it was most likely the other way around. They are 2 different entities in their own right.

Hrmm.. I read somewhere that they were. oh well. I stand corrected. :)

Okay. I take a look in the other forum then. :)

SunChariot

I prefer Tarot. I'm most comfortable looking at the symbolism and imagery and letting it talk to me. But I have recently found that playing cards are very accurate too.

I've twice this week, just asked a question and picked a card. Then looked up the meaning. And I would have to say that they were very very accurate also.

Just two nights ago I was worried about someone who had promised to call soon. It had been over a month and I did not have his number. I got the 9 of Hearts (the 'wish card', dreams and desires will come true) and the very next day he called again. Turns out he had been ill and could not call sooner. But I was impressed, they do work.

Bar

firemaiden

Hi Akatala, tell me more about this deck. What is it? What makes it different from all other playing cards? Are you telling me the cards are illustrated? If they are illustrated is it really a playing card deck - or is it an oracle?

RaeBelle

I believe Inuyasha is an Anime cartoon series from Japan. My guess is that each card contains an image either from the cartoon series or based on it. I had playing cards like this when I was younger, of course mine were more Snoopy or Looney Tunes.

Akatala

Yes, it is an actual poker deck with characters from the anime series Inuyasha depicted on the cards. The same characters are used for each suit, which sorta makes it difficult. But in some way the cartoon characters also seem to give the deck it's own personality.

All the other poker decks I've tried to read with only ever give me empty cards that carry the intuitive feel that I get when I use cards as divination tools.