Download the newly released Orphalese Tarot Software Version 10 for Free

purple_scorp

Dear all,

I am very excited to announce that a new, major version of Orphalese Tarot Software has now been released and is available to download from the orphalese.net website.

An evaluation copy of Orphalese Tarot Software 10.0.3.3 can be downloaded for free and used for an unlimited period of time.

Orphalese can be downloaded with a choice of Decks:
  1. Two Aeclectic Tarot Forum Community Tarot Decks;
  2. Two Tarot Decks by Orphalese in-house artist, F.J. Campos;
  3. or The Tarot of Dreams by Ciro Marchetti with Card Descriptions by Lee Bursten.

I have actually been using this software since 2005 and here are a few reasons why I love Orphalese:

• I can create electronic Decks from my physical Decks and store them on my laptop with the software so that my entire collection becomes accessible when I travel (in other words, I don't have to cart 50 Decks with me);
  • I can create and save as many Spreads as I like, that are quickly accessed with a few mouse clicks;
  • I can replicate a Reading that I've created with a physical Deck and save it as a journal entry (or email it to a querent);
  • I can divide my electronic Decks into subsets (separating the Majors from the Minors for example);
  • I can display subsets on the screen, next to each other and then, select Cards from any of the subsets to create a Reading;
  • I can compare the same Card across all of my Decks (which is great when you are learning to Read as you can compare how each artist has portrayed or interpreted the symbolism);
  • I can save a Reading with Card Images, Descriptions and Spread layout information to review at a later stage (or email to a querent);
  • I can store LWB and Personal Card Notes with both upright and reversed meanings;
  • I can associate a Deck with a specific Spread and produce a computer-generated Reading with only a few mouse clicks;

.....and so, the list goes on and increases with the release of each new version, as Richard (the programmer) continues to enhance the software capability.

The evaluation version offers most of the functions of the registered version, but does limit you to three Decks. You can register the software for around the price of a Deck. I think that's pretty good value.

In addition to the Orphalese website, there is a forum, a Facebook page, and a Help and Tutorial website but I think the Aeclectic Forum prohibits me providing links to any of these. They are easy enough to find on Google.

I am happy to answer any questions either in this thread or via PM but encourage you to download a trial version so you can experience for yourself, the flexibility and functionality that Orphalese has to offer.

with love

Spiffo

Congratulations on a fine looking bit of software. The features are outstanding.
I totally get why it would be difficult but gosh I wish there was a MacOS version. Do you have any plans or do you think the market just too small to warrant the expense of porting?

purple_scorp

Hi Spiffo,

Thanks so much for your lovely comments about Orphalese. The Mac version is on the future enhancements list but I'm unsure of the time frame.

May I take this opportunity to clarify my relationship with the Orphalese software, as I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea? Richard Jeffries is the programmer/owner of the Orphalese Tarot Software. I am an experienced Orphalese software user with a background in IT systems administration and training.

I've been using the software since 2005 and helped a few people on this, and the Orphalese, forums. Over the years, I have suggested numerous software enhancements as have many other Orphalese users. Richard has always been open to suggestions and includes as many of them as possible in each new major release.

The Orphalese evaluation software has always been offered for free and has no expiry date on its use. I think this is incredibly generous of Richard and to thank him and also contribute to the Tarot world myself, I offered to assist Richard by creating both the Orphalese Help website and the Orphalese software tutorials (which are housed on my purple_scorp YouTube channel).

I am in regular contact with Richard and will pass on your message and request for the Mac version. And you can be sure, that I will update this thread if I find out any information or timelines for a Mac version.

with love

Spiffo

Oops, my mistake.

Thank you though for the info. I'll follow up with a message via the website.

cheers.

purple_scorp

No problem. The Orphalese forum is where you will find the most up-to-date info and you don't have to be a registered Orphalese user (or have the software to join). (There's a link on the Orphalese site and on the Help website to the forum. I don't think I am allowed to post it here.)

I'd love to take credit for such an awesome program.......and I am quite passionate about the software, so I can understand why you might think it was mine......but full kudos goes to Richard.

On the other hand, the Help website and tutes are good.....:thumbsup:.......shameless plug! :cool5:

volcanopunk

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check out this software!

minotaur

Purple Scorp, thank you for that information. I downloaded the program and will use it. It is particularly useful if you have cats that like to bat the physical cards around.

One of my cats, Cookie Monster, has already figured out how to get to this new tarot deck on the computer. She sits on the keyboard and bats at the cards as they shuffle.

Here is the link to the site... http://www.orphalese.net/

Israfel

Orphalese

So far I am disappointed in the performance of and the support for Orphalese. :(

I want to be able to turn cards sideways instead of just stacking them, and I want to actually be able to use spreads if I take the time to download them.

Not being able to find answers in 'help' is extremely frustrating.

I liked tarottracker just fine, but it appears to be defunct, so I was hoping for something I could install and use. I feel ripped off, honestly.

purple_scorp

Israfel,

I've sent you an email to your google address.

purple_scorp

Purple Scorp, thank you for that information. I downloaded the program and will use it. It is particularly useful if you have cats that like to bat the physical cards around.

One of my cats, Cookie Monster, has already figured out how to get to this new tarot deck on the computer. She sits on the keyboard and bats at the cards as they shuffle.

Here is the link to the site... http://www.orphalese.net/

Hi minotaur,

how funny about your cat watching the cards as they are shuffled on screen. Perhaps Cookie Monster has a future in reading. Wouldn't it be interesting to see (if you had a touch screen) which cards she picks. Maybe you can train her to hit the space bar to deal a card.

Thanks for posting the link. (Is it only me that's not allowed to post it? I've been told by another moderator I wasn't able to include it)

with love