3 Cups = friends? Or something more?

214red

Heavensent said:
It could mean that but look at the imagery and the feeling you get and how your cards communicate with you. How did the overall spread feel to you? Stop, take a moment, and just digest it. Act like you're reading for someone else (this helps you to be a bit more honest) and what would you say to that person with what you saw. So if its a spread with more than one card, you have to see how they connect to get the message. It doesn't just work on its own.
I think thats a good idea, its not a one card, its a whole spread.

if you havent started dating yet, then i would suggest that he sees you as a friend, he enjoys your company.Nothing wrong with that, i just dont think its into the romance realm yet, it could have potential. Also 3 of cups i dont always see as lot of emotion, its the one card in the cups suit that i see more as fun.
I look forward to seeing the spread

Biba28

214red said:
I think thats a good idea, its not a one card, its a whole spread.

if you havent started dating yet, then i would suggest that he sees you as a friend, he enjoys your company.Nothing wrong with that, i just dont think its into the romance realm yet, it could have potential. Also 3 of cups i dont always see as lot of emotion, its the one card in the cups suit that i see more as fun.
I look forward to seeing the spread

Thank you so much for your replies :)

I've posted it up on the Readings forum.

I agree with your summary here. I think he finds me good company in whatever capacity. In a business sense, friendship, and with the potential of it being more, if that works out, or the relationship heads in that direction.

eyeDEEclaire

Biba28 said:
Could very much be like that. I think in our case we would be likely to know each other for a LONG time first to test whether it is what we think it is. That's what's going on right now I think. These feelings are BIG, a lot is at stake and we both know that. If we went for it, we would have to be absolutely sure about each other. I know how I feel about him.

Well, at least you know you are fond of each other and really enjoy spending time together, even if it's platonic. If there is a lot at stake it would be good to take your time. I know there have been times when I really loved hanging out with someone, then it became romantic too quickly and burned out just as fast. All that would be left is that disappointment of not having the 3 of cups element anymore- suddenly the passion & desire is not so important and you end up missing the friend.

Good luck!

Biba28

eyeDEEclaire said:
Well, at least you know you are fond of each other and really enjoy spending time together, even if it's platonic. If there is a lot at stake it would be good to take your time. I know there have been times when I really loved hanging out with someone, then it became romantic too quickly and burned out just as fast. All that would be left is that disappointment of not having the 3 of cups element anymore- suddenly the passion & desire is not so important and you end up missing the friend.

Good luck!

Oh yes! You're absolutely right. That happened with someone else who was a valued friend. I had never dated a previous friend before and it was all very confusing, especially as I was on the rebound. It all disintegrated before my eyes and I still love him now. Miss him bigtime (he is Mr Australia as mentioned on my previous threads) and we will probably never see each other again or even contact each other again - and yet (as per the S*x and the City quote) he held my hand while I was sleeping. How absolutely bizarre love is... :S

Adjustment

I have been getting the 3 of cups in relationships a lot when one the people involved just want something casual and open relationship or there is already another person they are already involved with casually and would like to keep the triangle going without giving up or choosing one person over the other, just wanting to have fun.

DrDave

Biba28 said:
....................and we will probably never see each other again or even contact each other again - and yet (as per the S*x and the City quote) he held my hand while I was sleeping. How absolutely bizarre love is... :S

..............perhaps not in this lifetime,but with out doubt,there will be another time,
perhaps in the next.................

DD

Biba28

DrDave said:
..............perhaps not in this lifetime,but with out doubt,there will be another time,
perhaps in the next.................

DD

Thanks DD :) A little reassured now...

leelee

starrystarrynight said:
I've had this one come up for someone who was similarly attracted to (in love with) two different people at the same time but opted to remain friends with both so as not to lose either one of them. But, of course, not always meaning that...

woah that is a PERFECT description that fits my situation Thanks!

Rovay

For me three of cups is not only good friendship, but also really... free... relationship. It's a friendship that makes the seeker feel free inside; when I draw this card for roots or foundations, I read it as really free-lance, and really free at heart people who were the seeker's roots. I actually think the three of cups in the sensual wicca deck explains it best.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/mxp8Cqi7Mj93HXYV_L8lz9A/140.jpg

...sorry that I couldn't find bigger picture of it, tho.

DamePoplar

I have a question about this card, can we interpret as a negative card? I mean not negative in itself but the card represents (to me anyway) celebration and with friends or family, or enjoying being together. Could this card represent the reunion with family/friends but in negative circumstances like funerals etc..?