Decks you want to create

cSpaceDiva

I hadn't really thought about the minors, but I did think about what tools I wanted on the Magician's table (covered with a cutting mat). I had scissors for swords, buttons for pentacles/disks, needle and thread for wands, and thimbles for cups. Pretty close, right?

I haven't seen this theme done before. There is a "Tarot of the Tailors" but it's not really a tarot at all.

tarotbear

The Sew-N-Sew Tarot ... sort of ...

Poor - I know - but I knocked this out in about 10 minutes ..... a TdM-inspired '10 of Thimbles' ....

Attachments

• Thimbles 10.jpg
    Thimbles 10.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 120

stone_lotus

Yesterday I did an exercise where I took photos of tarot symbols I saw on my walk home from the station and then journaled them as a personal reading. (I saw five! The World, 2 of Pents, Queen of Cups, 6 of Cups, The Wheel of Fortune.)

This inspired me to make a personal, scrapbook-style deck that is simply spur-of-the-moment photos taken of symbols that reveal themselves to me as I walk around the city. There wouldn't be any clear theme necessarily and as for the pips, I think they would have to include far more than 4 basic items. (For example, the 2 of Pents I saw yesterday was a bicycle -- I don't think I'd use bicycle wheels for all 10 Pentacles pips.)

I think this will be a really fun project for my first deck and no stress really because I have no plans of showing it to anyone or commercializing it. : ) It'll be fairly indie, ha ha.

annabel398

I want to make a Sandman tarot that really uses all the characters in the sandman comics by neil gaiman but also still has most of the symbolism of RWS.
I think it would take a long time with a lot of copyright issues but it would be fun to delve deeper into the comic to really try and get all the meaning.
Also definitely good practice to learn tarot even more in depth.
J

You know about the Vertigo Tarot, right? Not exactly RWS but def. Gaiman!

annabel398

If I had the capability (I draw stick figures lol) I would create a deck where the card is reversible. The images would flow into each other. Kinda like an optical illusion. Top half would be sun based colours and imagery, bottom the moon. So the reversals would actually be a night/ day or sun/moon or fall winter/spring summer influence. The images would be complete but look different depending on which way it lands. (Think of those pictures made of dots or bubbles where it looks like something one way and something different turned the other way.)

You've described the Revelations Tarot to a tee!

donnalee

Yesterday I did an exercise where I took photos of tarot symbols I saw on my walk home from the station and then journaled them as a personal reading. (I saw five! The World, 2 of Pents, Queen of Cups, 6 of Cups, The Wheel of Fortune.)

This inspired me to make a personal, scrapbook-style deck that is simply spur-of-the-moment photos taken of symbols that reveal themselves to me as I walk around the city. There wouldn't be any clear theme necessarily and as for the pips, I think they would have to include far more than 4 basic items. (For example, the 2 of Pents I saw yesterday was a bicycle -- I don't think I'd use bicycle wheels for all 10 Pentacles pips.)

I think this will be a really fun project for my first deck and no stress really because I have no plans of showing it to anyone or commercializing it. : ) It'll be fairly indie, ha ha.

This sounds great for your own personal learning--good for you for seeing so many in one day. It would be so interesting to see how your actual deck would come out, as a record of the world you know--

tarotbear

Maybe other readers can help me here - but a couple of years ago wasn't there a video/movie someone made where they walked through the streets showing 'tarot symbols' found in everyday life? No idea what the title is .... :confused:

flyingwind66

There are some imagery ideas floating around in my head...

one is to throw the traditional meanings into a completely modern setting in terms of imagery... like I had this great idea for the Temperance card being a baker reading a book while the oven wafts steam.

I love Medieval Fantasy too though, and I have yet to find a fantasy deck in that theme that I love so I may work on something like that...

I also love Urban Fantasy like Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison and Laurell K Hamilton etc. so I could do something like that... heck, maybe I'll throw that baker in this deck!

I really feel like making my own deck/s will figure into my journey somehow, being an artist and all :)

RoseNocturnalia

I also love Urban Fantasy like Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison and Laurell K Hamilton etc. so I could do something like that... heck, maybe I'll throw that baker in this deck!

I would love to see a deck like that. I've never come across one that portrayed the idea very clearly. Great idea!