A spread for being at a time of change . . .

nord_drache

Coming into the New Year I thought I needed a way of assessing progress in my life.
The following came to mind inspired by the pentacle / pentagram. I know my associations of position of elements may be different than some of you - if my positions bother you feel free to adjust them.
My interpretations with the elements for this are. . .
1 - Earth - ( about foundations,strength , grounding)
What from the past will be the foundation for the future ?
2 - Water - ( a powerful force in nature that flows on, affecting things as it goes)
What ongoing issue/situation from the past will continue into the future?
3 - Fire - ( a force of nature but one we have turned into a tool and can mostly control)
What future situation is fully in your control?
4 -Air - (the unseen ever changing force)
What unforeseen situation will come up?
5 - Spirit - (the old definition of the pentagram as a man looking up at creation / universe)
What does the universe have to say over these tings?
6 - At the centre the querent - (usually the drawer in at the centre)
How will this affect you?
7 - Shadow card - (Shadows sit below us and can tell us much)
What underlies this reading?

The spread

____5___________Spirit____
_4_____3______Air____Fire_
____6__________Querent___
_2_____1______Water__Earth

The number sequence is the order I read it in When I laid out the cards it was in a different order : 1,4,3,2,5,6,7 like drawing a pentagram. If for you style of reading / to make it work for you -you can lay them out in the sequence they are read.

When I used it (with the Labyrinth tarot) I was left saying wow. It reinforced things I knew and reminded me of other things that have appeared regularly in readings.

For me this is a keeper to be used when I am at a point of change, not just the New Year.
Jim