Mom doesn't know if I was born...or hatched

Murphy

I started to chart myself, and got to the part of time born..

... my mom remembers taking a taxi to the hospital alone .... and that's it.

Do you think the hospital would give out that information?

Umbrae

Birth certificate

It will have the time of live birth.

midnightmerry

Birth certificates with the time of birth... that's what I thought, so I sent off for my birth certificate. It still did not have the time of my birth. I don't know; maybe it was just the hospital I was born at didn't keep that kind of record. Or maybe I was born before they started recording the time. (I was born in 1960). But I'd try to ascertain if they include the time on the certificate, so you won't be disappointed in case they don't.

starfish66

midnightmerry said:
Birth certificates with the time of birth... that's what I thought, so I sent off for my birth certificate. It still did not have the time of my birth. I don't know; maybe it was just the hospital I was born at didn't keep that kind of record. Or maybe I was born before they started recording the time. (I was born in 1960). But I'd try to ascertain if they include the time on the certificate, so you won't be disappointed in case they don't.

I was born in 1966 - and my birth certificate does NOT show the time of birth (I happen to know the time, because my parents wrote it down).

:T10C Starfish

Minderwiz

In some countries it is a legal requirement that the time of birth is entered onto a brith certificate but this is by no means anwhere near universal.

Here in the UK it is a practice in Scotland but not England and Wales! I'm not sure of the situation in Canada but I know it is a widespread practice in the US.

Murphy try to get your Mum to narrow it down - for example, Morning, Afternoon, Evening - if Morning was it still dark (before Sunrise), if Evening was it dark - after Sunset.

This at least will narrow the range of possibilities for your Ascendant and it is possible for a good Astrologer to 'rectify' your chart and find a birth time that appears to work for your life experiences.

Minderwiz

Alta

My mom not only wrote it down but she had it engraved on silver spoons for each of us!
When I asked my hubby's (ex now) mother for his time of birth she said she could not even recall the general time of day. I have never had kids, so I don't know if that is unusual or not. Maybe you are so focussed on the birth the mere fact about morning or night gets away???

Minderwiz

I was present at the birth of our daughter and made a note of the time! - I was into Astrology then but not in a particularly big way.

Minderwiz

AquarianGoddess

In our area (NJ & PA) when ordering a birth certificate from the State, one must request that the time of birth be included.

Most hospital certificates do state the time of birth (it's on my hospital certificate, but not listed on my State certificate).

Umbrae

Here in the states, some states give you a plastic affidavit of live birth that does not have the time. However, the time of birth is on the records in the county courthouse of your birth.

Red Emma

Time of birth

I'm sorry to say that time of birth is less frequently on recent birth certificates than it was. The time of birth of my 50-year-old son is not on his birth certificate -- Washington State -- and when I called to try to get a copy with that info included, I was told it's no longer done. Unfortunately I can narrow it down only to sometime between six and eight a.m.