What Are You Currently Reading?

euripides

has anyone read 'The Tarot Reader's Daughter'? YA by Helen Dunwoodie?

EmpyreanKnight

Bit busy with work lately tho I may get a breather later this month. Firmly ensconced on the top of my to-read pile is The Secrets of the Tarot by Barbara Walker, the companion book to the Tarot deck that carries her name. Yup it stays there even if it hasn't been delivered to our far-flung island yet - gonna pay for expedited shipping tho so I'm staying optimistic.

Redfaery

Reading "A Wicked Pack of Cards" by Decker, Depaulis, and Dummett. It's been giving me lots to chew on.

Also got a copy of "Holistic Tarot" and am poking at it. I quite like it, even though it's too specifically focused on the RWS for my tastes.

cybercat

Rereading Robert Places book Tarot history symbolism and divination.
Also reading Andy B Lenormand book.

Edward Tarot Hands

I've just started reading 'Meditations on The tarot'
It's an anonymous book posthumously published at the authors request.
It's a series of meditations on The Major Arcana, card by card. It's written from a Christian mysticism perspective but I don't think you need to be a Christian to enjoy it ( I'm not)
It's full of profound musings and is refreshing in that it doesn't spend lots of time analysing the symbology of the cards. Instead it uses the card as a basis for spiritual contemplation.
What's really nice is the author address' you as 'unknown friend'
I really recommend this book if you're looking for something that is different from your usual tarot books

baconwaffles

It's a series of meditations on The Major Arcana, card by card. It's written from a Christian mysticism perspective but I don't think you need to be a Christian to enjoy it ( I'm not)
It's full of profound musings and is refreshing in that it doesn't spend lots of time analysing the symbology of the cards. Instead it uses the card as abasisi for spiritual contemplation.
I really recommend this book if you're looking for something that is different from your usual tarot books
I have been eyeing this book but hesitated because I was unsure of how it delved into the Trumps. Your brief review just confirmed that yes this is something I am interested in. Thanks!

Spiffo

It's full of profound musings and is refreshing in that it doesn't spend lots of time analysing the symbology of the cards. Instead it uses the card as abasisi for spiritual contemplation.

A joy of a book indeed.

The author is not so anonymous these days; Valentin Tomberg ... an interesting fellow.
Also look out for the slim companion Volume entitled 'The Wandering Fool'.

Edward Tarot Hands

A joy of a book indeed.

The author is not so anonymous these days; Valentin Tomberg ... an interesting fellow.
Also look out for the slim companion Volume entitled 'The Wandering Fool'.

Oh no!!
I was happier when he was anonymous!!
but yes a joy of a book for sure.

Edward Tarot Hands

I have been eyeing this book but hesitated because I was unsure of how it delved into the Trumps. Your brief review just confirmed that yes this is something I am interested in. Thanks!
I'm sure you will love it just as I do

ldiddy

Assassin's Fate by Robin Hobb. Love, love, love....

One of the two main characters is The Fool. Also there is are magical boats called Liveships and I just picked up earlier in this volume that the first such ship was named..... wait for it.... Golden Dawn.

I think this woman may know a little tarot. She definitely knows world building and beautiful prose.