The Stood Up Spread

Metafizzypop

This thread got me thinking:

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=104392

It's a problem I've seen many times, people not showing up when they say they will. And I thought the topic deserved a spread of its own. Because it is really, really annoying to get stiffed. I think that not showing up for dates and appointments is really irresponsible and inconsiderate.

This spread is geared towards a situation where somebody got stood up for a date. But with minor changes it can fit a lot of other situations too, including those that involve friends, family, business associates, etc.

I realize that sometimes things happen that might cause a change in someone's plans. But they should call to tell you about it at least, not disappear.

Anyway, I have the spread laid out in the form of a question mark. I think it suits people who behave this way perfectly.

**********2**********
*****1*******3*******
**************4******
************5********
*********6**********
*********7**********
*********8**********

1 - Why did the person stiff me?

2 - What did he/she do instead of going out with me?

3 - Who did he/she do it with?

4 - Is this kind of behavior typical of the person?

5 - If I accept another date with this person, will they stand me up again?

6 - How does he/she feel about what they did?

7 - What is this person's general level of dependability?

8 - What are this person's other bad habits that I should know about?

-------------------------
So that's The Stood Up Spread, and I sure hope nobody needs it.

Dolphin_Dreamer

Love it!!!!! :D

I kinda like to believe that the angels are protecting me from the 'moron potential' of these men hehe But you are still right, they should still call... This also goes to the ones that say they will call and don't.

Metafizzypop

Glad you like it. And yeah, by changing a few words this spread could also be used to find out why someone didn't call when they said they would.

I do declare, in this modern day and age, common courtesy has just gone down the toilet......